Bee Cool ebikes seem like the best deal.

neutron

Local time
3:21 PM
I'm looking for an ebike and the Bee Cool seems to stand out from the rest. Duel suspension, hydraulic brakes, 750 w motor, 7 speed gearing, 28 mph top speed, made in Taiwan not China, 48v 21 A battery. Seems like a good deal for $1700. They are adding a free trailer to the package now. Opinions? I should add that I'm 6'1" 200 lbs in reasonable shape for a 72 year old. Riding mostly on paved bike trail and dirt tow path so mostly level terrain.

Yeah I looked at the XP 3.0 which their user quiz recommended for me based on my input but I think it looks like a toy and the range is not great. It would probably work for me but I like the style of the bigger bikes better.

Just took a look at the XPremium and that one looks more to my liking. Although it's got the mid-drive motor which I'm not sure about the reliability of that type. 100 mile max range claimed and 50 with motor alone. It looks like it folds up too. Something to think about.

As long as you're fine with the larger wheels.
They take up lots of storage room when the ebike is not ridden and makes them more difficult to transport with cars.
$1699 with a free trailer is a very good deal, I wonder how much the shipping cost is?
adv-green_2000x.jpg

I have the bee cool explorer, and as far I know its the only full suspension bike under the $2k price. I have had mine since last september, and have 400 plus miles on it. Really love the bike. No issues so far with it. Great range with that huge battery, for me easily over 50 miles. If you havent done an ebike before, these fat tire type are all huge. They are sorta like a small dirt bike in size and they weigh 70 pounds or so. The only thing I didnt care for were the stock handle bars are low and forward. I added a riser and some new bars with a rise in them as well, and now it is a much more comfortable riding position now.

Attachments

• 20220901_190304.jpg
    20220901_190304.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 134
Good day. I have the Pathfinder stepover. I'm 5'10" at 180 lbs. at 62 years. I picked my Bee Cool bike up in September of 2022. Not many miles on it, but when the weather breaks I will be riding to and from work with it. The only con I can say about this bike is that it is heavy. As long as you don't have to pick up and carry you should be fine. I really like mine. Just go over the bike when you assemble it. Check everything. All nits and bolts. It will get you knowledge of how everything works. All I had to adjust was the brakes pads. I just used a piece of paper folded in half to set distance from pad to rotor. I did install an adjustable handle bar neck to bring bar up and back to me. Much better of an upright seating position. Over all I recommend this Bee Cool Pathfinder stepover. Mine was 1,499. 00. Free shipping (Don't forget to buy yourself a helmet and a mirror). Highly recommended.

After doing a lot of comparisons and analyzing what I realistically should have, I decided on a commuter bike instead of the fat tire bike. My reasoning is that >95% of my riding will be on paved trails and roads. The only off roading I can see myself doing is the C&O Canal towpath and that is flat and reasonably smooth. The commuter bike is about 10lbs lighter and with 2.4" vs. 4" tires I think I'll get better range out of my battery. I settled on the KBO Breeze and so far it has been great.

I think that’s a good plan, neutron. I noticed I get a more more range per Amp-Hour with the street tires.

Add a Suntour NCX suspension seat post for the stock absorption instead of the fat tires.

I think that’s a good plan, neutron. I noticed I get a more more range per Amp-Hour with the street tires.

Add a Suntour NCX suspension seat post for the stock absorption instead of the fat tires.
Yes, I ordered the Suntour post and it is due to arrive today. I'm hoping this takes most of the sudden "shock" bumps out of my ride. The streets are rougher than one notices driving over them in a car. My back really feels them on a bike though.

I love my Bee Cool Adventurer! Got it Feb 22 and have ridden it over 600 miles. Yes, it’s heavy but the capabilities of this bike makes up for the weight. Got some of the accessories from Bee Cool also: handlebar extension, guard for shifter and rear cargo rack. Went on Amazon for the mirrors and luggage bag. Can’t wait to ride it every time!

Yes, I ordered the Suntour post and it is due to arrive today. I'm hoping this takes most of the sudden "shock" bumps out of my ride. The streets are rougher than one notices driving over them in a car. My back really feels them on a bike though.
It is a game-changer; you will IMMEDIATELY notice how cushy the ride becomes.

Do take the time to adjust it for your weight, per instructions.

Yeah I looked at the XP 3.0 which their user quiz recommended for me based on my input but I think it looks like a toy and the range is not great. It would probably work for me but I like the style of the bigger bikes better.
I just got the rattan 750 LF and love it. The bike is on larger side which is great for me being 6 2. It folds up and has great power

It is a game-changer; you will IMMEDIATELY notice how cushy the ride becomes.

Do take the time to adjust it for your weight, per instructions.
Yes, got it on today and it really does make a difference. I didn't need to make any adjustments other than mounting it level. I think it's good right outta of the box. I'm 200 lbs and it seems to be adjusted about right. I may try to loosen it up just a bit to see if if gives a little more cushion but it's made a huge improvement all ready.

I love my Bee Cool Adventurer! Got it Feb 22 and have ridden it over 600 miles. Yes, it’s heavy but the capabilities of this bike makes up for the weight. Got some of the accessories from Bee Cool also: handlebar extension, guard for shifter and rear cargo rack. Went on Amazon for the mirrors and luggage bag. Can’t wait to ride it every time!
If I didn't decide on a commuter bike and went with the fat tire, it would have been the Bee Cool bike. They have a lot of nice features that I thought gave it the edge over some competitors. I would still like to have one but I think the commuter style is better suited to my needs.

I have one and I am good with it. I think it clearly has the best display out there. No one is close. It has a sub menu for cruise control......

Back