Bee Cool Bikes

My Bee Cool Adventure was dead on arrival. Bad motor they say. Waiting for a mew motor that won't arrive for at least 3 more weeks. Not happy

My Bee Cool Adventure was dead on arrival. Bad motor they say. Waiting for a mew motor that won't arrive for at least 3 more weeks. Not happy

Sorry to hear that. That stinks!
Not sure what part of the country you live in, but in these parts, biking season is only so long.

Ads for the Bee Cool bikes have been showing up in my FB timeline. The bikes have good specs at low prices, but they are built with mostly generic components in China. Does anyone have experience with these bikes?

I got one recently with a lot of parts missing and they will compensate for my trouble IF I don’t have to return it. I know a lot of new owners are ok with BC but It’s been about 3 weeks now and I can’t say good things about the bike or BC yet.

I know how you feel. I finally got my bike running after 2 months of it sitting in the garage. I'm just doing short rides on it now until I develop trust in it. So far so good.

I have the explorer which I received 2 months ago. No shipping damage. Have 150 miles on it with no issues so far. It has the single speed crank set which is 48t. Wished I could lower that for better lower speed oomph. The chain in 1st gear is so far offset it rattles against the chain guide on the crank all the time.

I have had one for several months. It arrived OK. Runs super! OMG fast. It accelerates uphill with me. Everything seems to be solid. I40 miles on it. I bought a mirror, a pannier and a riser. I didn't break in the front brakes right, so they squeal. I am putting new pads on it this week and it should be fine.

BTW, I saw a guy with one at the lake I ride at. He had 1200 miles on his and reported no issues.

My brakes were squeaking after 200 miles or so. All I did was clean the rotors with brake cleaner, and rough up the pads with 60 grit sand paper. The pads were fine, and barely worn.

I could not get the glaze off. I suspect there is a problem with the rotor too.

I’m coming up on a year on my Explorer and almost 3,000 miles. I’m 70 and have been riding road bikes my whole life. Nearby mountain bike trails finally made me buy a suitable bike, and I decided to go electric out of curiosity. I knew it was 70 lbs when I bought it, but I have to admit it’s heavier than I anticipated. I have difficulty getting it on my bike rack, limiting my desire to take it other places. Also, I seem to burn through rear brake pads in a few hundred miles. I’m on my third set of pads and they currently need replacement again. Fronts have been replaced once, and even then they weren’t completely shot.

Having said that, I’m otherwise pleased with the bike, especially considering the price. I changed the seat and added a bar mount cup holder but otherwise it’s stock. It can get rather “squeaky“ after many miles but I just spray everything with WD 40 and it quiets everything down. I recently had my battery die while I was deep in the woods. I had about a 5 mile ride out with nothing but pedal power and it wasn’t easy! You really feel the weight and large tires!

Ads for the Bee Cool bikes have been showing up in my FB timeline. The bikes have good specs at low prices, but they are built with mostly generic components in China. Does anyone have experience with these bikes?

Yeah. I own one. After 180 miles, the battery is dead. I have had nothing but trouble with the bike since purchase. It got do bad that paypal had reimbursed me. Now i have a giant green lawn ornament.

Back