BBSHD not fitting on Giant Talon 2 2022

I know this is an older thread. I ran into the same thing on cannondale trail 8. Same frame builders both made by Giant. I just took a die grinder to the hooded area as to let the motor lay up the bottom tube at a better angle. Easy fix no problems so far. Just a aluminum frame nothing to rant on. Now if this was a pricey steel frame set I might fret. But the problem lies with the dang oversized aluminum tubes they are using for strength and stiffness. Smaller and stronger steel tubing make better looking builds I think. Just my experience and two cents.

I have the same bike,theres a utube vid on luna or another that filed it down I did the same & fit is good

I know this is an older thread. I ran into the same thing on cannondale trail 8. Same frame builders both made by Giant. I just took a die grinder to the hooded area as to let the motor lay up the bottom tube at a better angle. Easy fix no problems so far. Just a aluminum frame nothing to rant on. Now if this was a pricey steel frame set I might fret. But the problem lies with the dang oversized aluminum tubes they are using for strength and stiffness. Smaller and stronger steel tubing make better looking builds I think. Just my experience and two cents.

I've been trying to fit a BBS02 motor on a Polygon Siskiu mountain bike for a friend. It's a fairly nice (read expensive) bike made in Indonesia. The front downtube extends a ways out from the bottom bracket before curving upwards. The bottom bracket measured 73mm but a 68/73mm motor encounters some interference from the heavy duty chainstay needed because it is a full suspension bike. So on the right side there is not enough of a stick out to fasten the motor properly to stop it from rotating under power. So I ordered a BBS02 with 100mm width for him. That will work but the issue now is due to the frame design the motor must hang straight down which really messes up ground clearance. Not a great outcome for a mountain bike that gets used on trails.
Long story short we will prob sell the 68/73mm motor locally, and install the 100mm motor on his Moose brand fat bike. Then I found a CYC mid motor. It's design allows the motor to be swiveled up even on a bike with a frame like his. The CYC motor has longish brackets that extend from the bottom bracket and it uses a second chain that runs to the slightly remote motor. It's expensive and the early reviews didn't give it great marks for reliability but it's in the 3rd generation now and the company claims all the bugs have been ironed out. I have no idea if the friend will want 2 e bikes but he and i are in our early 70's so you never know.
I also have the Siskui T7 & ordered another Hd,looks like the motor will hang down due to the long downtube, the Cyc is a better but expensive way ,so Ill see when the Hd arrives how low it looks,like to see pic of a Cyc pro install on a T7

A minor update on my friends Polygon Siskiu motor install. The reduced ground clearance has so far been a non issue. Two steps were taken to keep the motor from rotating under power. First the nut used to fasten the motor and keep it tight to the frame was tightened as much as possible. Then 2 stainless "zip ties" were wrapped around the body of the motor and frame as an extra method of stopping any rotation. To prevent the ties from moving some foil tape was applied to the ties and the body of the motor. So far it's working well. Also I recommended he not use the largest gear on the cassette because of the chainline. The extra power the motor provides compensates for that anyway.

Back