BBSHD Controller percentage settings

Zepper

Local time
4:24 PM
Bafang BBSHD 1000-watt motor What is the manufacture assist (current and speed limit) percentage for setting 1 through 9 the control is an 850c?

Bafang BBSHD 1000-watt motor What is the manufacture assist (current and speed limit) percentage for setting 1 through 9 the control is an 850c?
I don't know what the actual manufacturer presets are, but with a programming cable or an EggRider display, you can reset to those percentages. When I mounted my BBSHD I didn't change a thing and rode it for a week to see what I would need to "dial in", never changed a thing other than disconnecting the motor shut-offs in the brake levers.

You can probably find them online with a little research. Good luck.

When I upgraded my BBS02 to a HD, I actually remembered to save the default HD settings. Here's what I have.

Level %C %S
0 0 0
1 50 44
2 55 51
3 60 58
4 65 65
5 75 72
6 80 79
7 85 86
8 90 93
9 100 100

Of course I don't use these values, I use my own customized values. Hope this helps.

NOTE>> I see the spaces I used to make a neater table were discarded by the forum's software. But it still should be usable.

When I upgraded my BBS02 to a HD, I actually remembered to save the default HD settings. Here's what I have.
Of course I don't use these values, I use my own customized values. Hope this helps.
I purposely left mine set to the factory settings so that if I have to swap the controller while riding sometime I won't have to worry about programming it or even notice a difference. Moving from the 02 to the HD was a big upgrade even at factory settings. Focusing on range over speed they work perfectly for me.

Level %C %S
0 0 0
1 50 44
2 55 51
3 60 58
4 65 65
5 75 72
6 80 79
7 85 86
8 90 93
9 100 100

NOTE>> I see the spaces I used to make a neater table were discarded by the forum's software. But it still should be usable.
Do you have the default pedal assist settings please?

Do you have the default pedal assist settings please?
In many cases there is no such thing. Retailers typically plug in their own values. Luna has two different sets of values depending on whether you asked for the full config or a 750w version. And the PAS settings do differ. California Ebike - same story but they do it differently.

If anything, the last thing you want to do is use factory settings as they are pretty much universally regarded as garbage. Slow to engage, overpowering the rider (instant ghost pedaling whether you want to or not), slow to disengage once you stop pedaling, jerky on/off throttle performance and more.

There is no such thing as an ideal set of settings as - once you begin to understand how everything works - you can tailor the settings quite finely to suit a variety of needs.

I wrote this quasi-tutorial in 2021

About 6 months later, I wrote this follow-on:

And after quite a bit of further experimentation over time, I put what is essentially my current version of preferred settings in this article, whose subject is a specific bike build, but in it I am illustrating how to have all of the kinder/gentler, more refined settings of the HD, while at the same time using one single setting to ratchet the motor's max pedal assist peak output up and down while maintaining all of the other user-friendly characteristics of the motor (its not the current level that does this, which is typical of the counterintuitive and opaque nature of Bafang motor settings whose interconnected behavior is almost totally undocumented).

What I really need to do is a '2023 edition' article on BBSHD settings so people know to go to it.

Back