Bbs02 error 30

A

andrewsmith

I have a Bbs02. Nearly new.
I turned it on and got error 30.
So far I have opened the motor up and tested the hall sensors everything else looks good.
Tried 3 new controllers and a new display and main cable.
Speed sensor.
Still got error 30 and it do not show the battery level in the bar but show the voltage on a dpc18 display.
I don’t believe all the new controllers are working because I’m not getting 5v to the speed sensor but the odd time I do get power.
Could a pas sensor or the stator cause this problem ?

It WORKED, up until the time it did NOT WORK. Describe, thoroughly and in detail, what EXACTLY happened, right before, it did NOT WORK.

This most likely happened when your Fat Friend Fanny, or your Cretin Cousin Cletus, or your neighbor, Drunken Degenerate Dave, used the bike. So ask THEM and tell us what THEY did.

Hello if I could just jump onto this one.. I just fitted a new C 18 display to my BafangBBSHD… Everything was working perfectly before fitting this display ,now shows Error code 30. Checked and re-check the one connection that was used and seems to be fine. As I previously mentioned Everything was working perfectly with no error codes prior to fitting the new C 18 display. Just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on what the problem is? Thanks

Would like to ask the first guy about the "odd times" when it does work. Can you be "odd" on purpose?

To the second user, who should have made his own new thread, why did you mess with the display and can you put the old one back on?

Would like to ask the first guy about the "odd times" when it does work. Can you be "odd" on purpose?

To the second user, who should have made his own new thread, why did you mess with the display and can you put the old one back on?
Thank you for your reply. Apologies for not starting my own thread. in this thread I see mention of the same error code 30 and the same instrument, so thought it may somehow be relevant. My first post here. Just learning the ropes ..Anyway->I did purchase this new display for another bike which I sold before fitment. Just had it lying around so thought what the heck. It looks a little fancier than the old one. Yes everything works fine with the old display. It’s just when I put this new one on it, throws up that error 30 code.

There is NO REASON to believe the new display is defective.

It is ALMOST CERTAINLY simply not compatible with your controller.

Displays are not at ALL universally interchangeable, or anything close to that.

There is NO REASON to believe the new display is defective.

It is ALMOST CERTAINLY simply not compatible with your controller.

Displays are not at ALL universally interchangeable, or anything close to that.
I sent an email to Bafang and finally got a reply and they believe that it is a faulty display because they’re telling me this display is compatible with all Bafang Mid Drive units..I have bbshd 1000w.

I have a Bbs02. Nearly new.
I turned it on and got error 30.
So far I have opened the motor up and tested the hall sensors everything else looks good.
Tried 3 new controllers and a new display and main cable.
Speed sensor.
Still got error 30 and it do not show the battery level in the bar but show the voltage on a dpc18 display.
I don’t believe all the new controllers are working because I’m not getting 5v to the speed sensor but the odd time I do get power.
Could a pas sensor or the stator cause this problem ?
Did you find the problem with your BBS02? It sounds a lot like the problem that I have with my bafang BBSHD 1000w 48V I have DPC 18 also shows zero on battery in display but has 54.4 V and also has a error code 30

Back