Battery re-build

canis2022

Local time
1:38 PM
Where do you send your battery when it needs to have the cells replaced? Or, do you just replace the entire battery?

There is a E/bikeshop here that advertises that they will fix the battery, and it might depend on how many cell is bad for under $100.
This is in San Francisco.
I would weigh how old the battery is, how many times I have charged it or if replacing it I would look for a larger capacity battery.
But if funds are limited then I would get it fixed.

There is a E/bikeshop here that advertises that they will fix the battery, and it might depend on how many cell is bad for under $100.
This is in San Francisco.
I would weigh how old the battery is, how many times I have charged it or if replacing it I would look for a larger capacity battery.
But if funds are limited then I would get it fixed.
The battery is pretty old. I can only get get about 5-6 mile on a full charge now. Last year I sent the battery to FTH Power in Industry, Ca. They reported at the time that the batteries were OK but that there was and issue with the case and it cost me about $250 to have them do that. At this point I'd prefer to just have the cells replaced and not have to dispose of the old battery.

Back