Battery problem Rich bit top-012

andy-gti

Local time
1:15 AM
hello everyone

I recently have a problem where my battery doesn't give any power. Since its my only transportation, i bypassed the BMS (battery management system) so at least it gives me a little power (only 2bars instead of 6) and i can't go very far, but at least i got something.

I want to fix it but i can't figure out what the problem can cause. could it be the BMS thats broken? i got a replacement BMS but its allot of work and i'm not that good in soldering.

I opened the battery and i noticed this little hole in one battery cell. i don't think its from the factory, so could this cause the problem? if so, can i just remove this one battery cell and put it back together without the one battery cell?

Update: i replaced the BMS module but the problem is still the same... anyone knows any suggestions?
IMG_20230511_113350[2343].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230511_113359[2338].jpg
    IMG_20230511_113359[2338].jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 83
can you replace the cell, probably but not a simple job. Also, that hole is right about where the gas releaf blowout is. Not good. No bms on such a battery, also not good. That is also a suspiciously neat, round hole. Like a screw or drillbit would make. I would be very concerned with finding out how that hole got there.

You say it does not give any power but then indicate it is in fact still functional. Can't do much with that sort of non-information. Make an effort to use standardized units of measurement.

can you replace the cell, probably but not a simple job. Also, that hole is right about where the gas releaf blowout is. Not good. No bms on such a battery, also not good. That is also a suspiciously neat, round hole. Like a screw or drillbit would make. I would be very concerned with finding out how that hole got there.

You say it does not give any power but then indicate it is in fact still functional. Can't do much with that sort of non-information. Make an effort to use standardized units of measurement.
it does have a BMS and i thought that would be the problem, but i replaced it and the problem is still there. I know the battery is getting fully charged, but would it help if i just remove the faulty cell?

Gonna try and help you with your thinking process. You say "I know the battery is getting fully charged". Tell me, HOW DO YOU "think" YOU KNOW THIS???

I know, for a certainty and would bet the farm, that it is NOT getting "fully charged".

Your battery is in a dangerous condition. You need qualified, hands-on assistance from someone who knows what they are doing, with a spot-welder.

Gonna try and help you with your thinking process. You say "I know the battery is getting fully charged". Tell me, HOW DO YOU "think" YOU KNOW THIS???

I know, for a certainty and would bet the farm, that it is NOT getting "fully charged".

Your battery is in a dangerous condition. You need qualified, hands-on assistance from someone who knows what they are doing, with a spot-welder.
well i'm not 100% sure that the battery is getting fully charged. But i think that one battery cell with the little hole in it, is causing all this trouble and the BMS knows that, therefore it doesn't give me the full charge. Again i'm so sorry, but i don't know much about batteries, as you can tell... so i could be wrong

The battery was fully charged and it kept the charge for a full week (used it daily) but then when i wanted to recharge it, i couldn't get more then 2bars out of it as seen on this photo

i also want to thank you for helping me the best that you can

appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_20230607_020625[2448].jpg
    IMG_20230607_020625[2448].jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 65
That one cell is very low on charge. such cells can catch on fire. The thing which prevents this, somewhat, is the BMS.

Cell should be replaced, can theoreticaly be done with soldering iron, MUCH BETTER is a spot welder, you will have mismatched cells which is not good, but better than what you have now.

Have you any ideas on how such a neat, round hole became in your battery?

i have no idea! i don't have damage on the outside of the casing, nor on the inside. i didn't have problems with the battery for 2500km (1553 miles)
could i just remove the one battery cell and connect everything? or... would that be a bad idea?

i actually ordered this (link at the end) because nobody would respond to my post and i need something relaible to go to work.

i still want to fix this battery because it had allot of power and all of the sudden non...

No battery listing on that link. Hopefully you did not get too badly hosed. As long as you match the voltage, and it fits on the bike, you should be OK.

Never be in a hurry. Take your time. Make wise decisions, which often does NOT happen when you do not do the first two things.

Back