Bafang system question?

pawarana

Local time
3:55 PM
Hi,
I bought a bike from someone on an internet sales website with Bafang parts.
The story of this seller that he had the bike made by someone and that the pass sensor did not sit well on it all that time because it did not fit properly.
Now the bicycle no longer worked, because he did not understand how to make it, and partly because he was going abroad for a longer period of time, that was the reason that he wanted to sell the bicycle.
The bike only worked in the walking mode when I bought it, and there are no strange (error) messages on the display.

There was NO throttle on it, I ordered this on aliexpress and it just fits on the plug of the cable ((see photo below)
Firefox_Screenshot_2022-05-16T09-49-23.673Z.png

The cable is a 1T4 bafang cable (see photo below)
Firefox_Screenshot_2022-05-14T09-40-01.054Z.png
The display is a Bafang C965 (see photo below)
Firefox_Screenshot_2022-05-14T10-04-16.737Z.png

The rear wheel is also from bafang (see photo)
photo_2022-05-14_12-05-47.jpg

The controller is from? with a sticker with the technical data and has the dimensions of 11.6 cm * 6.6 cm (see photo below)
photo_2022-05-14_00-48-47.jpg

The battery has a terminal voltage of 54 Volts fully charged.

Actions I've tried:
I connected the controller with the pedal sensor and 2 brake sensors, no response to pedaling.
I connected the controller with the pass sensor and 2 brake sensors, and throttle, no response with throttle.
I have connected the controller without a pass sensor and without 2 brake sensors, but with throttle, no response.
No strange messages in the display for all of the above actions.
I can change in all settings in the display including the pin code settings, so the display seems okay to me.
The rear wheel works in the walking position and sees the speed (5 to 6 km) in the display and makes no strange noises.

Question 1; What could be the reason that it does not work on the throttle and also not on the pass sensor?

Question 2; the controller is a 48 volt controller, will that work on a 36 volt rear wheel?

I personally think that the controller is almost defective, but which one should I buy?

So question 3 then, the controller has a code with YCSV126-017-48T, and a current of 22A (see sticker on contoller), what does that YCSV126 mean? What does that 017 mean? that 48T is probably the voltage.
I ask this because controllers are sold on Aliexpress with an almost identical number but not 17 but a different number.
Also, the Amperage is often not 22A, but 18A.
Which controller can I buy with this rear wheel (see photo) with a 1 to 4 cable and with C965 display?

(Sorry about my English, this has been translated via Google from Dutch to English)

Pretty much every ebike sold in Europe has throttle disabled, by law.

There is no such thing as a "36V motor". This motor has particular performance specs at 36V, and higher specs at a higher voltage. Motors are pretty much voltage agnostic.

Lots and LOTS of controllers that "should work".

IMO you bought somebody else's problem.

Pretty much every ebike sold in Europe has throttle disabled, by law.

There is no such thing as a "36V motor". This motor has particular performance specs at 36V, and higher specs at a higher voltage. Motors are pretty much voltage agnostic.

Lots and LOTS of controllers that "should work".

IMO you bought somebody else's problem.
May I thank you very much for your answers to my questions and your valuable input on solving my problem.

Hi,
I bought a bike from someone on an internet sales website with Bafang parts.
The story of this seller that he had the bike made by someone and that the pass sensor did not sit well on it all that time because it did not fit properly.
Now the bicycle no longer worked, because he did not understand how to make it, and partly because he was going abroad for a longer period of time, that was the reason that he wanted to sell the bicycle.
The bike only worked in the walking mode when I bought it, and there are no strange (error) messages on the display.

There was NO throttle on it, I ordered this on aliexpress and it just fits on the plug of the cable ((see photo below)
View attachment 3578

The cable is a 1T4 bafang cable (see photo below)
View attachment 3579The display is a Bafang C965 (see photo below)
View attachment 3580

The rear wheel is also from bafang (see photo)
View attachment 3581

The controller is from? with a sticker with the technical data and has the dimensions of 11.6 cm * 6.6 cm (see photo below)
View attachment 3582

The battery has a terminal voltage of 54 Volts fully charged.

Actions I've tried:
I connected the controller with the pedal sensor and 2 brake sensors, no response to pedaling.
I connected the controller with the pass sensor and 2 brake sensors, and throttle, no response with throttle.
I have connected the controller without a pass sensor and without 2 brake sensors, but with throttle, no response.
No strange messages in the display for all of the above actions.
I can change in all settings in the display including the pin code settings, so the display seems okay to me.
The rear wheel works in the walking position and sees the speed (5 to 6 km) in the display and makes no strange noises.

Question 1; What could be the reason that it does not work on the throttle and also not on the pass sensor?

Question 2; the controller is a 48 volt controller, will that work on a 36 volt rear wheel?

I personally think that the controller is almost defective, but which one should I buy?

So question 3 then, the controller has a code with YCSV126-017-48T, and a current of 22A (see sticker on contoller), what does that YCSV126 mean? What does that 017 mean? that 48T is probably the voltage.
I ask this because controllers are sold on Aliexpress with an almost identical number but not 17 but a different number.
Also, the Amperage is often not 22A, but 18A.
Which controller can I buy with this rear wheel (see photo) with a 1 to 4 cable and with C965 display?

(Sorry about my English, this has been translated via Google from Dutch to English)
Wow! Great info. Thank you!!!

Back