Bafang speed limit by license is there a way to change the limit.

DaveD

Local time
4:31 PM
Dear all,

I am new here and with Bafang and need some advise.
I ordered a nice urban E bike with 250W Bafang mid motor and the seller told me the bike is limited to 25 km ph.
I like to change the limit to 35 or so . I read i can adjust normally it in the Display but the seller told me the speed Limit menu isnt be on in the display and he told me that they bought a certain Bafang License what limited the menu.

So I am a bit googling and is there a way to adjust that menu ?
How they limited that display menu? In the mid motor self? By jumpers ?
or do I need a new display what is ‘ open’ .

Who has some advise tips and tricks
thx.,

Hi Dave,

Shouldn't be a problem at all, you just need a Bafang Programming Cable:

Here's a guide to help you once you have the programming cable:

Just be aware that programming your Bafang controller will void your warranty.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hey Hi ok thanks a lot. i shall read It all and lets find out how difficult it is.

Well it seems that I have a M400 Bafang Mid Drive motor and is it still possible to program it?

Well it seems that I have a M400 Bafang Mid Drive motor and is it still possible to program it?
Ah OK the above guides are for the Bafang BBSxx series motors. I did see someone with some luck using the same method for the Bafang M400 in the comments section of this page:

Hello Giel,
I use the following tools:
– USB Drivers:
Windows 10 USB Driver:
and
– Bafang configuration tool:

Et aussi ce forum https://forum.velotaf.com/topic/28285-programmation-kit-moteur-pedalier-bafang-bbs/

Nothing more !
Herve

Dear all,

I am new here and with Bafang and need some advise.
I ordered a nice urban E bike with 250W Bafang mid motor and the seller told me the bike is limited to 25 km ph.
I like to change the limit to 35 or so . I read i can adjust normally it in the Display but the seller told me the speed Limit menu isnt be on in the display and he told me that they bought a certain Bafang License what limited the menu.

So I am a bit googling and is there a way to adjust that menu ?
How they limited that display menu? In the mid motor self? By jumpers ?
or do I need a new display what is ‘ open’ .

Who has some advise tips and tricks
thx.,
Hi Dave. How did you go with this? I have the same bike and would like to increase the speed limit by 3km/h.

Hi buddies, i have same issue, if somebody solve... please help us to increase speed of the "bikes". Many thanks.

Hi Dave,

Just be aware that programming your Bafang controller will void your warranty.
That is dealer decision. Bafang does not void the warranty. They actually provide the programming cable and software. Most bike shops won't even look at the torque curve that is programmed. You can always save a copy of the original settings and reset just before you take the bike in for service.
No reputable bike shop is going to refuse warranty work say on faulty brakes or defective tires just because the motor is tuned a bit.
The only manufacturer I know of that is strict on modifying is Bosch. They actually have built in software that logs any attempt to increase speed. Bafang does not care. Most people only want a few miles per hour additional. Like 20mph to 28 mph. I ride average at 18mph but I like to set the power at lower speeds. Like peddling up a steep hill. Bafang allows you to make the adjustments.

Dave hello, did you solve the limit Issue on the M400. Please let me know.
Thank you.

Back