Bafang speed hack???

Dex9mm

Local time
1:54 AM
So my question is who has done the speed hack with the wheel size set to .602 of the original and you then get miles per hr instead of kph on the display but it says km
just wondering if there is two places you can set wheel size on the display and the controller

have i to set it in the controller via the bafang programming cable and so my 26in wheel would be 16in

and then can I set it as normal on the display so that it displays in the correct kph

will that get around the speed limit of 40km while pedaling or will the motor go by what's displayed on the display

speed hack? hem... maybe you're right because my ebike doesn't work the same as it worked last summer...I think maybe the wifi antennas make the difference like a hacker!

Ah ok well if you don't have anything to contribute then don't cheers

I know for the Tongsheng TSDZ2 there are controllers and displays (860C) that use open source firmware that enable full access to all parameters. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something similar for BaFang.

Why don't you just go into the advanced settings and change the max speed? I have used several Bafang mid drive kits and if you know the password, you can change it. You can search for your display type and easily get the password.

So my question is who has done the speed hack with the wheel size set to .602 of the original and you then get miles per hr instead of kph on the display but it says km
just wondering if there is two places you can set wheel size on the display and the controller

have i to set it in the controller via the bafang programming cable and so my 26in wheel would be 16in

and then can I set it as normal on the display so that it displays in the correct kph

will that get around the speed limit of 40km while pedaling or will the motor go by what's displayed on the display
There is no way for the display to switch from KPH to MPH? If not I find that very strange and every e-bike I have seen has that feature. Or maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

Back