Bafang programming question.

Duncan

Local time
5:33 PM
I’m perplexed by the input field “Wheel Diameter”. What is the actual input needed? To me it doesn’t make sense to input the actual wheel diameter since tires can add a variable amount to the overall diameter changing the recorded distance and speed. Thanks for any clarification offered.

Bingo! I had the same confusion.
I've seen videos that say you should enter the wheel size, and others that say to use the size with the tire on.
I ended up using the tire size, because that's the one that actually makes sense. For my 700c wheels with Continental Top Contact tires, it measures at 28" diameter. And Continental lists this tire in their 28" section (with their other 700c tires).
The subject of tire size is confusing too, as I see that some people call 700c tires, a 29". There are no hard rules in this area it seems.

I suppose you could do a run out measurement and convert circumference to diameter. Then you could compare what the display shows for either distance or speed to your GPS values. If they agree reasonably well you’ve got the answer. If not … then you are going to have to chose a value that gives you congruent results.

had error code 30 bafang bsshd after reprogramming controller. the best way to confederate my controller without causing any issues. Tried to buy luna black box but still out of stock

Back