Bafang Motor BBSO2B motor issues.

wwwbingcom

Local time
6:15 PM
Hello, I have several Bafang motors, ALL 48V BBSO2B 750w mid drives. My friends and family do too. Over the last few days in the UK we've experienced severe cold like -5 degrees celcius also please note this is in Cardiff which is quite humid. A lot of my motors have been working sometimes and then stoo working, no error code. Opening these motors I've found water, so I have started using silicon everywhere. The problem still persists with no water to be found in the controller, if anyone has any knowledge on these motors, your input will be much appreciated! Thank you for reading

Hello, I have several Bafang motors, ALL 48V BBSO2B 750w mid drives. My friends and family do too. Over the last few days in the UK we've experienced severe cold like -5 degrees celcius also please note this is in Cardiff which is quite humid. A lot of my motors have been working sometimes and then stoo working, no error code. Opening these motors I've found water, so I have started using silicon everywhere. The problem still persists with no water to be found in the controller, if anyone has any knowledge on these motors, your input will be much appreciated! Thank you for reading
Also worth noting, changing the controller always solves the issue but does not stop the problem from re occurring.

EBikes present a whole new problem when operated in cold weather. When the motor warms up in side the case, the air inside warms and expands causing positive pressure in the motor case which forces a portion of this air out of the motor. When the motor cools off this pressure becomes more of a vacuum, drawing Moisture on the motor and humid air back into the cooled motor. This moisture will find the internal control boards, the "One way bearings, and electrical connections and start a corrosion sequence that will affect their proper operation. Sealing the motor with silicone will help in warm weather water exposure, but cold air can be very humid and unless the entire bike motor is kept in a low humidity warm ambient temperature until ALL of the moisture is expelled this will eventually lead to unpredictable operation.

EBikes present a whole new problem when operated in cold weather. When the motor warms up in side the case, the air inside warms and expands causing positive pressure in the motor case which forces a portion of this air out of the motor. When the motor cools off this pressure becomes more of a vacuum, drawing Moisture on the motor and humid air back into the cooled motor. This moisture will find the internal control boards, the "One way bearings, and electrical connections and start a corrosion sequence that will affect their proper operation. Sealing the motor with silicone will help in warm weather water exposure, but cold air can be very humid and unless the entire bike motor is kept in a low humidity warm ambient temperature until ALL of the moisture is expelled this will eventually lead to unpredictable operation.
Thank you, that does make sense, so it's an inevitable consequence of fluid mechanics I guess. I would have thought the engineers at bafang would have thought about this issue especially considering the UK does not get very cold compared to places like Eastern eruope, China, North USA and Canada in the winter. But I'll try keep them in warm places from now on before and after riding

Back