Bafang mid-drive 750w

D

Deleted member 2950

I fitted a 750w Bafang mid-drive & on it's first journey out it appears to be seizing up, then it frees up & when i stop it's seized again. The throttle free's it up but it freezes again when i stop at a junction

Freezes up as in completely stops the bike or the motor just stops spinning after you stop peddaling?

Havent seen you in a while how ya been?

The motor seizes after I stop pedalling, then when I pedal it feels like I'm cycling uphill in the wrong gear, it unfreezes when I use the throttle. The motor has covered six miles from new & thanks I've not been well, a long stay in hospital with covid left me with long covid & oxygen clinders to go out.

PAS settings all correct?

Oh man that covid has been crazy. I hope ya get rid of that s**t mate.

I've not experienced what you're saying as far as a binding/freezing feel.

Have you carefully taken the chainring side cover off the motor and checked for enough grease and proper fitment of the gears/cogs?

It sounds like your crank sensor isn't working correctly which would mean your assist is shutting down because it thinks you aren't pedaling.
It could be as simple as a loose connection. A more serious issue might be that the control computer is screwed up and not interpreting the input correctly.

PAS settings all correct?

Oh man that covid has been crazy. I hope ya get rid of that s**t mate.

I've not experienced what you're saying as far as a binding/freezing feel.

Have you carefully taken the chainring side cover off the motor and checked for enough grease and proper fitment of the gears/cogs?
I had someone suggest the grease so I'll check that next, I've always got my cyclotricity 250/1000w rear hub to fall back on. It's seven yrs old never missed a beat & it's still on it's orginal battery & thanks for the get well soon, cheers rob

It sounds like your crank sensor isn't working correctly which would mean your assist is shutting down because it thinks you aren't pedaling.
It could be as simple as a loose connection. A more serious issue might be that the control computer is screwed up and not interpreting the input correctly.
Thanks I'm going to check all the eletrics next as well as the grease cheers rob

Back