Bafang M600 torque settings need help

E-HandCycle

Local time
1:58 AM
Can someone please help us. We are three quadriplegics using electric hand cycles we have installed the Bafang M600 mid-drive but we are too weak to engage torque sensor properly and it requires too many rotations of the handles to engage the motor.
We have the bafang Besst tool... We can see that the torque sensor is set to 750 we would like to lower the setting as well as lowering the setting on the speed sensor for the motor engagement at this stage it's 10km an hour if we could also lower the cadence needed to power the motor that would be great. We would also like a bigger difference in assisting levels. At this stage we have them set to just three and for us, all three are the same we can hardly notice any difference.
We need someone to rewrite the script for us so we can upload it using the Besst tool.
Please help us so we can get out on our hand cycles this summer.
Cheers
Phil

Hi and Welcome to our humble home! :)

I have never owned a torque sensor motor so i will not be of much help but hopefully we have some members
that can chime in with some assistance.

Ok, I run BBSHD motors made by Bafang but i've never worked with an M600 bafang motor...
On my BBSHDs i use the eggrider display to change settings in the controller such as displayed speed and the % each PAS uses.
I've never used the Besst tool either so am not familiar with that.

Keep us posted :)

Pretty sure this is a "Application Dependent" issue. You are trying to make a motor operate under conditions that it was not designed for. The M600 bafang motor is designed to operate with torque, from a leg, not an arm. The design parameters require force measured through the "Torque sensor" feedback loop to the drive controller. This sensor will provide a feedback voltage in the controller that will determine the actual current output of the controller. The correct parameter in the program code could be adjusted if someone has the complete program and is knowledgable of ALL of the functions in the program. Adjusting 1 parameter and hoping for satisfactory operation may lead down a rabbit hole of frustration. A possible solution, is to acquire the BBSHD PAS drive. It only needs to see the pedals turning, no force is required to get the output, just rotation. So now, maybe you can work out a trade, or out right sale of the M600's and get the BBSHD's. I have some experiance with DC and AC variable speed drives as well as brushless DC motor theory and technology. You can tweek these drive for performance, but some adjustments can cause the motor to leak smoke, and when you let the smoke out they usually are problematic.

Pretty sure this is a "Application Dependent" issue. You are trying to make a motor operate under conditions that it was not designed for. The M600 bafang motor is designed to operate with torque, from a leg, not an arm. The design parameters require force measured through the "Torque sensor" feedback loop to the drive controller. This sensor will provide a feedback voltage in the controller that will determine the actual current output of the controller. The correct parameter in the program code could be adjusted if someone has the complete program and is knowledgable of ALL of the functions in the program. Adjusting 1 parameter and hoping for satisfactory operation may lead down a rabbit hole of frustration. A possible solution, is to acquire the BBSHD PAS drive. It only needs to see the pedals turning, no force is required to get the output, just rotation. So now, maybe you can work out a trade, or out right sale of the M600's and get the BBSHD's. I have some experiance with DC and AC variable speed drives as well as brushless DC motor theory and technology. You can tweek these drive for performance, but some adjustments can cause the motor to leak smoke, and when you let the smoke out they usually are problematic.
Cheers
Thank you.

Back