Bafang light kit options

Mercadr1

Local time
7:05 PM
I want to add a rear tail light to my bafang mid drive kit. I like the idea of having the light run off my existing battery. My question is , can I install the rear light only to run off the display or is the thumb pad needed to control the light. Really don’t need a horn or even the turn signals. Just the front and rear light. Also would like to avoid another thumb pad on the handlebar. I’m not that savvy when it comes to rewiring,etc. if it can’t be done I’ll probably just install a usb light on my rear rack. Any advice is appreciated!

I want to add a rear tail light to my bafang mid drive kit. I like the idea of having the light run off my existing battery. My question is , can I install the rear light only to run off the display or is the thumb pad needed to control the light. Really don’t need a horn or even the turn signals. Just the front and rear light. Also would like to avoid another thumb pad on the handlebar. I’m not that savvy when it comes to rewiring,etc. if it can’t be done I’ll probably just install a usb light on my rear rack. Any advice is appreciated!

My Bafang rear hub has two connectors on the controller for headlight and back light activated by the display. What do you have?

My Bafang mid drive headlight connected to a Julet connector up front to the 1to4 cable and if you look at the bottom of your motor there may be 2wires for a rear light. 6volts I think.

1. Tailight - the SAFEST TAILIGHT is the Cygolite HyperShot 350 - which is rechargeable and with a full 350 Lumens will go 5hrs+ in Flashing Mode for Daylight or Nightime safety - this is the BRIGHTEST eBike Tailight I have used - and DANG IMPRESSIVE for under $60. You switch it on when you get on to ride - again either DAY or NIGHT - and turn it off when you dismount.It's super easy to unclip to charge or charge in place.

CLICK HERE AMAZON CYGOLITE HYPERSHOT 360 LUMEN TAILIGHT UNDER $50

2. HEASDLIGHT and I have gone thru more than a few - I am a Parts Guy at heart - and frankly on Front Headlight I have found that for me Handlebar Mounted (higher than front fender mount) + Visual Brightness + Good Pattern ADD UP to a Great Headlight. My current fav is the 6 1/2 double handlebar mount 2600 llumen rechargeable light bar - for about $40- again I am impressed:

CLICK HERE AMAZON 2600 LUMEN 6 1/2" RECHARGEABLE LED LIGHT BAR

SEPT 8 KEPLER LIGHT BAR.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Fab, I've got an install question for anyone on a baf mid kit. Everything's hooked up, but a yellow 3 pin emerging
from the motor. No empty connects up top. What is this empty 3 pin for??? It's not shown in any of the 6 install
vids that I've watched , not even those I've watched 3 times? I'm think it might be an alternate disc sensor from
previous kit type, I'm at a loss what to do with it?

A yellow 3-pin connector "should be" a Throttle Connector or Shift Sensor Cable.

Technically its a HIGO/JULET yellow 3-pin connector - Female/Holes and Male/Prongs.

Note that the headlight I refereced above is rechargeable and does not reuire bike/power connection.

A yellow 3-pin connector "should be" a Throttle Connector or Shift Sensor Cable.

Technically its a HIGO/JULET yellow 3-pin connector - Female/Holes and Male/Prongs.

Note that the headlight I refereced above is rechargeable and does not reuire bike/power connection.
I too have a rechargeable light that charges on the fly in the battery USB socket I thought throttle possible.
. Maybe I'll put a cap on it & see what works?

Is that end you have Male/Pins - or - Femal/holes - no disrespect intended.

Frankly - it's a "control" port - if its V you're after I would "Cap It"

Is that end you have Male/Pins - or - Femal/holes - no disrespect intended.

Frankly - it's a "control" port - if its V you're after I would "Cap It"
THX. Just what I'll do. Now if I could figure a decent way to route all the excess cable from this kit.
I wish I could find someone who does custom wire harnesses. This'n comes out so ratty lookin'.

I have used "sprial cable wrap" for better look. I am not sponsor or affiliated. This was the last batchg I bough:
CLICK HERE AMAZON SPRIAL TUBE WIRE WRAP
Yeah I tried that, still really ratty looking. I've ordered a very cool looking semi-ape hander/semi-bmx bars. It should
take up a lot of the excess cable & brake cut-offs plus making more dash board space. All this is going on my
gas/electric hybrid with solar charging trailer. Just bought a better capacity trailer that still fits my solar panel rack.
Gas only used for long ascents & charging on the fly. I want to see if I can get a 1000 miles out of a gallon. It's an
extremely efficient 39cc engine & modified belt drive. It allows for charging 2 batteries at once, 1 on solar while the 2nd
charges while running on the engine. I believe it's possible if nothing breaks down, but there's still a lot of tweaking
to do 1st, plus planning stages for the route. It's just a challenge I've made for myself. Wish I knew someone who
does custom wire harnesses?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back