Bafang Configuration Tool for Android

mkopa

Local time
1:46 PM
Hello,
I'm the author of the "Speeed" application for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mkopa.speeed
It's the equivalent of the popular Windows tool "Bafang Configuration Tool". The application supports configuration files from "Bafang Configuration Tool", it also saves them in this format (*.el).
To work we need the same adapter i.e. USB-Serial + Julet 5-pin female plug.
The application is free. I'm making it for our common good
In the next version (deployment-ready) we'll find support for Bluetooth adapters, and after some time and thorough testing, the application will also be available for iOS.
Please send me information about bugs, new features, etc.
Enjoy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505-130000_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-130000_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 938
  • Screenshot_20210505-130021_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-130021_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 916
  • Screenshot_20210505-130033_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-130033_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 820
  • Screenshot_20210505-130041_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-130041_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 840
  • Screenshot_20210505-130049_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-130049_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 717
  • Screenshot_20210505-130104_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-130104_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 829
  • Screenshot_20210505-130116_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-130116_Speed Config Tool.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 725
  • speedometer.png
    speedometer.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,025
Thank you for creating the Speeed app!
I just used it for the first time yesterday, and it worked great! All I had to do was get an adapter to attach the programming cable to my phone.
I was pleasantly surprised when Speed auto-launched upon connecting the cable. It is more convenient than using a laptop or desktop PC.
It works just like the PC version, as expected.
Two things that I noticed:
1) When writing to the motor, I used Write All. I got 3 progress bars, in succession. I guess that's because the Levels, Pedal, and Throttle sections are written separately. That's not a problem, just something I noticed.
2) The value for Work Mode in the Pedal section was displayed as a single digit after I did a Read All. In my case it showed "1" when the value should have been "10". Maybe the 0 was just cut off - I couldn't tell. But when I selected a new value, it was fine.

Again, thanks for making the BBS02/HD experience a little easier for us!

Wow, this app is great. I'm a rookie with this programming stuff, but I find this very user friendly. I have a basic question though. How do I save the new settings that I entered!

I'm using my Android smart phone.

TIA Scott

Hello again, well my setting changes didn't take, even though I clicked write and witnessed the download bar move, and the message "successful"

But now I can't reconnect the app to my bike. I tried all the plug in sequences mentioned to no avail.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Hoping someone here can help me.

TIA,
Scott

Hello,
I'm the author of the "Speeed" application for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mkopa.speeed
It's the equivalent of the popular Windows tool "Bafang Configuration Tool". The application supports configuration files from "Bafang Configuration Tool", it also saves them in this format (*.el).
In the next version (deployment-ready) we'll find support for Bluetooth adapters, and after some time and thorough testing, the application will also be available for iOS.
Enjoy
Any idea of when you may have an iOS programming app available? Thanks for getting the Android app out there. That makes carrying a programming tool along on rides realistic.
Best regards,
Duncan

Hello! Will it be possible to connect via bluetooth display (750C), without additional adapter?

It would be really nice since I can connect to the display via bluetooth already.

Hello,
Enjoy
will this app work with the M620 ultra motor?

Hello,
Enjoy
I connected my Android phone to my Bafang BBSHD. I wanted to change from 5 assist levels to 9 levels and change my wheel size from 26 to 27. After selecting the Write button and reconnecting my 500c display, nothing was changed. I have also tried to enter advanced settings on just the 500c display but after entering the 1919 password, I press the M button and the display just goes back to normal operation and does not enter the advanced settings menu.

Hello,
Enjoy
I connected my Android phone to my Bafang BBSHD. I wanted to change from 5 assist levels to 9 levels and change my wheel size from 26 to 27. After selecting the Write button and reconnecting my 500c display, nothing was changed. I have also tried to enter advanced settings on just the 500c display but after entering the 1919 password, I press the M button and the display just goes back to normal operation and does not enter the advanced settings menu.

I gave up on the 500c display which sucks as far as tweaking the settings. I replaced it with the 860c which is great!

I gave up on the 500c display which sucks as far as tweaking the settings. I replaced it with the 860c which is great! I love the Speeed program!

I gave up on the 500c display which sucks as far as tweaking the settings. I replaced it with the 860c which is great! I love the Speeed program!

Hello,
Enjoy
Hi mate I have the latest avaris bike but it's 9 pin and I can't find a 9 pin to usb, any news on the Bluetooth as it is Bluetooth connectable? Ta

hello Mkopa. Your app is great. However the changes aren't recorded even if I make "write" with a sucessfull report. (tried to go from 26 inches to 20inches and to put 10 assistance levels instead of 5. I have a 850C display

Hello,
Enjoy

I used the app on my bbshd and it worked great until I rode it and found the pas had stopped working, my speed censor is ok,I got error code for speed sensor but it works recording the speed, throttle works great with me settings, any ideas ?

Is bluetooth connectivity available? A inexpensive hc-06 arduino bluetooth serial adapter connected to the display cable using an also inexpensive buck voltage converter to drop the p+ battery voltage to 5volts would be all thats needed for connectivity. The usb otg is fine for configuration but when riding the connection keeps dropping due to vibration I assume due to the cheap connectors used by the cable vendors for the bafang interfaces. Using bluetooth will avoid this. Yes, this is very homebrew as no one sells such cables at the moment.

First Thanks for the app, it is great!
Now a question. Once I use the app to set the 9 (+0) levels of assist, I then go to the display. It lets me choose either 3, 5, or 9 levels of pedal assist, If I select 3, which three levels does it work with? I assume the top and bottom levels would be 1 and 9, but what is the middle level? And what if I select 5, which levels does it actually use then? The bike has a 7 speed freewheel, so I really don't need 9 levels of assist, it just adds to the confusion.. LOL.

Back