Brakes Bafang BBSHD brake control question

Capt Kirk

Local time
7:47 PM
I have converted a Motobecane Fantom pro to electric using the Bafang BBSHD Middrive. I was hoping to use a set of Magura MT5E brakes with my Bafang BBSHD. The Maguras use a "higo" 2 pin keyed connector, and the Bafang BBSHD uses the "8fun" connector that is a 3 pin, and keyed so these cannot mate. I have the pin out sheets, can I just solder the the black and blue wires from the Maguras to a 8fun 3pin using the +5vdc Red and the white brake signal wire, and just omitting the black ground wire. And would this cause any control issues? (Faults,error codes) Not sure if the ground is required

The only suggestions I have are to replace the levers with something that is plug-n-play with the BBSXX series, or better yet, swap the drive train with a Rohloff Speedhub and disconnect the levers from the motor totally. A Speedhub will take your bike to a whole new level.

UPDATE, the ground is not used, and I just spliced some bafang plugs on no polarity needed just clip and insulate the groundand then shrink tube. Works great

Back