Bafang BBS02B 750W - PC conection (COM port) not possible

javi

Local time
11:28 AM
Hi,
I've bought a bafang 750W kit.
It works well, but when i connected to USB port, it was impossible to connect.
I am able to detect COM port but it is completely impossible to read flash motor memory.
Can you help me?

Make sure your battery is switched on
And make sure to disconnect before switching off battery

What port number was assigned? Some software doesn't like the higher port numbers. You can change the port numbers in device manager. For example, if the programming cable shows up as post 12 and you want it to be 2, you might have to change the other device on port 2 to something else, then the programming cable to port 2.

I have a similar problem with my BAFANG 48V 500W Rear Hub Motor Kit. I have tried to use the PC software for the BBSHD but the COM 1 or 2 (they show on the software) will not connect to the controller. I want to make some small adjustments. Any ideas to solved?

I tried another cable to connect to the controller, same results no connection.
Is there another software for rear hub motors?

Try these steps... I found the connecting and or powering things is ANY other order, would result in the computer not recognizing by connection to the eBike Bafang drive system... when I follow these steps, it worked... every time.... Good luck !! Dave

If you have purchased the cable, installed the driver and installed the configuration tool you are ready to go.

Now follow the these steps in order:​

1) Unplug the battery of your e-bike
2) Unplug the Display cable
3) Connect the programming cable to the display cable
4) Plug in the battery of your e-bike (and turn it on)
5) Plug in the USB cable of the programming cable to your desktop/notebook

Man, you make it sound so easy. All I want to do is get full throttle control when I am in level 3. I bought the cable, but I don't have a PC, just a Mac. So, I bought a Eggrider V2Bafang kit. I am no techie and I only hear of issues that non-techies have with the Eggrider. I wish that I could find somebody in my area that could do the work. Absolutely no luck. Open to suggestions.

DJKnut, thanks for the info but it did not work for me. I tried multiple times with different cables. It still doesn't read the controller information.
What software are you using?

If you have access to an android phone try the free SPEEED app, you will need an OTG (On The Go) cable to connect USB to your phone. I have used the app and it's excellent, user interface more or less the same as Bafang.

To the original poster....
When you connect your config cable to the display connector, do you see an LED light up on the config cable's USB end (with bike battery turned on)?
My config cable has a clear shrink tube covering the small circuit board where the USB connector is. As soon as I turn on the battery, an LED lights up, somewhat dimly. Then when I connect the cable to my phone/PC, the LED lights up brightly.
If the LED doesn't light up for me, then I know the connection isn't fully seated, or I connected to the wrong 5-pin connector.
As stupid as it sounds, I did exactly that today. I have programmed the motor numerous times, so I know what to expect. But in my haste today, I connected the config cable to the remote's 5-pin connector by mistake. Uh, that doesn't work - and the LED did not light.

Man, you make it sound so easy. All I want to do is get full throttle control when I am in level 3. I bought the cable, but I don't have a PC, just a Mac. So, I bought a Eggrider V2Bafang kit. I am no techie and I only hear of issues that non-techies have with the Eggrider. I wish that I could find somebody in my area that could do the work. Absolutely no luck. Open to suggestions.
They make a app that runs the program if you have a android phone

Back