Bafang BBS02 lubrication.

KGC

Local time
2:43 PM
Ignore all the Youtube videos showing these motors being packed with grease, watch this link for the correct way to lubricate at the end. IMHO.

Thanks, very detailed video. Not a bad idea to strip the motor down to clean and oil it once in a while. I wonder if there is a set amount of miles/km's before this is recommended?

...I wonder if there is a set amount of miles/km's before this is recommended?
I open my BBSHD once a year to inspect, clean and apply new grease. I have averaged 6K miles a year for the last 6 years. Other than a failed free-wheel clutch and a glitchy controller I have had no problems. Keep them clean, inspect them once in a while, don't thrash them needlessly and they are surprisingly durable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ADgC6oyPM2gyrCq27

I open my BBSHD once a year to inspect, clean and apply new grease. I have averaged 6K miles a year for the last 6 years. Other than a failed free-wheel clutch and a glitchy controller I have had no problems. Keep them clean, inspect them once in a while, don't thrash them needlessly and they are surprisingly durable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ADgC6oyPM2gyrCq27
what size chainring you runnin Bassett?

Nice. I just switched to a 42 tooth to try. meh not really impressed over the 46th when i rode with the 42 th today.

Might be a bit better on the hills buit i didnt really notice much

I built a mid drive, went with a luna bbshd. Gotta say you were right on several accounts man.
I still like my mid drive for just flats and short commutes with no hills though but am loving this bbshd ;)

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

I built a mid drive, went with a luna bbshd. Gotta say you were right on several accounts man.
I still like my mid drive for just flats and short commutes with no hills though but am loving this bbshd ;)

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP
It's so easy to have a great ebike... just a little intimidating for people that know nothing about bikes or motors.

Back