Bafang 68-73mm on my pf30 83mm bottom bracket?

oscarnilsson1

Local time
9:39 AM
Hello friends.
Im afraid i made a terrible misstake ordering bafang bbshd 1000w 68-73mm to my specialized MTB that has a 83mm pf30 bottom bracket.

Is there any way i will be able to extend the bottom bracket axel in the motor so it will be able to fit my bike or am i screwed ?

I really looking forward to this motor so i hope there is some way to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_115717.jpg
    IMG_20220619_115717.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20220607_202640.jpg
    IMG_20220607_202640.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 228
Are you measuring the bb correctly? Do not include any of the crank assembly......looking at the pic, it may fit.

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_115717.jpg
    IMG_20220619_115717.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 217
Hello friends. Im afraid i made a terrible misstake ordering... ...so i hope there is some way to fix this issue.

A paragraph I wrote on picking the right bike trailer:

"There are several different designs of bike trailers and several different ways of attaching a trailer to a bicycle. Anyone that plans on riding singletrack is going to want to concentrate on single-wheel trailers. Two-wheel trailers are fine for hard smooth surfaces if you are moving a refrigerator but not useable at all on 20 miles of single-track. Where the trailer attaches has its advantages and disadvantages that affect the turning radius, ease of connection/disconnection, and the center of gravity. As with buying or building an ebike you have to know what's available and what you want before starting... or waste time and money experimenting."

Ride safe.

Are you measuring the bb correctly? Do not include any of the crank assembly......looking at the pic, it may fit.
So
A paragraph I wrote on picking the right bike trailer:

"There are several different designs of bike trailers and several different ways of attaching a trailer to a bicycle. Anyone that plans on riding singletrack is going to want to concentrate on single-wheel trailers. Two-wheel trailers are fine for hard smooth surfaces if you are moving a refrigerator but not useable at all on 20 miles of single-track. Where the trailer attaches has its advantages and disadvantages that affect the turning radius, ease of connection/disconnection, and the center of gravity. As with buying or building an ebike you have to know what's available and what you want before starting... or waste time and money experimenting."

Ride safe.
Thanks for absolutely nothing

So

Thanks for absolutely nothing
I had a friend tell me the same thing when he married his 2nd wife without taking my advice first. I can't turn time back dude, all I can do is try to make sure people don't make the same mistakes you... and he have.

I agree. 3 - 5/16 = 2 11/16” = 2.6875; 73mm = 2.874”
Judging by your picture, you have LOTS of room.

Back