Bacchetta Corsa with a Bafang BBS02B

ebikesforum

Admin
Staff member
Denny what exactly is your issue with the Bafang kit? If you can provide some more information that would be great :)

Denny

Hi! Thank you for your response. I have diagnosed and solved my problem. It turned out to be electrical isolated to the electrical supply system (battery connections). First, the connection between the motor and the battery bracket came loose. The connector design was woefully, poorly designed. I tightened this connection and wrapped with electrical tape and zip ties. Then, the soldered connection inside the battery attachment bracket broke loose (photo). I fixed that by doing my own soldering job and then locking the connection in place using dielectric potting (photos). Finally, the four connection prongs that slide into the bottom battery socket became corroded; thus, giving an intermittent continuity. I solved that problem by periodically cleaning off the four electrical prongs and socket and coating same with electrician's grease. All is well now. By the way, I have listed photos, materials, and the repair I did for the potting fix here for anyone else that may have had the same problem as I. By the way, other than the electrical issues, this Bafang system is working very well on my Bacchetta Corsa 26" Al. frame recumbent. Thank you again for your response.

Attachments

ebikesforum

Admin
Staff member
I'm glad you found and fixed your problem. The majority of electrical issues can be traced to poorly designed connectors and loose wires. These problems can be easily found with a multi meter and fixed with some basic soldering skills. Thanks for the in depth description and photos - I know your guide will help someone out in the future!