Aventon Soltera 7 Parts Questions

One Trippe

Local time
5:11 PM
Two questions.
Just purchased and assembled the Soltera 7 (so far an enjoyable ride but a bit underpowered).
Q1. what is the small aluminum treaded part with two screws that were included in the parts box. No instructions for it.
Q2. accessories. No racks anyone know a rack that fits rear lugs?
ok three questions . . . .
Q3. How do I get more speed/power out of the bike other than the marginal increase from the app and km/mph conversion.
Thanks.
I really like the bike as it is a good hybrid and actually looks good. I like the yellow but other color choices would be nice too

One Trippe here again. OK, so I found out what the part is, a spare, and purchased a universal bike rack fit the back (not pretty but functional). Still would like to know if there is a way to get more hill climbing power and endurance from the Soltera 7, although the gears are a big improvement over my single speed Rad Mission1 (too bad Rad doesn't make a "Mission7").

I just posted this and wondering how your experience with the Soltera 7 has been, especially on steeper climbs and battery range. Thanks!

Looking at Soltera 7 for my 120 pound daughter for some climbs in Colorado. One climb we do is 7 miles, 1300 feet. Trying to get some idea of how much of the battery she'd use in mid and high assist. Any climbing experiences/data would be helpful! Also, coming from a road bike, surprised that largest cog is only 28 teeth, with 48t in front. That works well enough on steep climbs with the boost? Thanks!

I like my Soltera 7. I ride in Austin, TX, and I weigh 210 pounds (attempting to get down to less). I would be surprised if your daughter used more than 20-25% of a full charge, providing she does some pedaling. Using the throttle only mode I still would expect that it would be less than 40% on such a short trip and with 1300' of elevation change. Riding around my neighborhood, near Lake Travis, I usually have around 1000' of elevation change. I also have a RadMission1 and I prefer the geared Soltera 7 even though it has less watts and smaller battery. But with the gears it makes hills much easier and I still get exercise. There is some lag in both throttle and PA but all that said, it looks great too! I'd buy one again. BTW, there is a hidden USB port on the Display and the Aventon App is fantastic.

Forgot. As a matter of preference, I do like the Rad Mission1 twist throttle on the right handlebar much better than the Aventon thumb throttle on the left side. It is a bit awkward and as I mentioned it does have some lag. The Soltera 7 throttle only works when using PA mode whereas the Rad twist throttle is available in any mode. Plus with the Rad motorcycle style throttle you can assist your pedaling at any time by simply a slight twist. That said I still prefer the Soltera 7.

I
I just posted this and wondering how your experience with the Soltera 7 has been, especially on steeper climbs and battery range. Thanks!

Looking at Soltera 7 for my 120 pound daughter for some climbs in Colorado. One climb we do is 7 miles, 1300 feet. Trying to get some idea of how much of the battery she'd use in mid and high assist. Any climbing experiences/data would be helpful! Also, coming from a road bike, surprised that largest cog is only 28 teeth, with 48t in front. That works well enough on steep climbs with the boost? Thanks!

Depends on your daughter's age, style of riding. The gearing can work with the boost but, the motor is single speed. I own one, weigh 155 and have single speed. I can climb on all grades 7 percent and less. To clear those grades you still must work hard to maintain momentum to stay in power sweet spot like 13-16 mph. So yes its capable but, you must ride it laying down power with motor and rider to keep in power band when climbing. Once momentum lost, the past sensor takes long to activate like 2 pedal stroke. Dont stop and lay down power and it will clear 7 percent and less maybe steeper with 120 lbs given equal power. I put out like 80-130 watts at crank.

Back