Aventon Soltera 7 climbing range

Boulder1

Local time
4:32 AM
Looking at Soltera 7 for my 120 pound daughter for some climbs in Colorado. One climb we do is 7 miles, 1300 feet. Trying to get some idea of how much of the battery she'd use in mid and high assist. Any climbing experiences/data would be helpful! Also, coming from a road bike, surprised that largest cog is only 28 teeth, with 48t in front. That works well enough on steep climbs with the boost? Thanks!

The soltera is not that capable. It can but CV the motor is single speed so it loses efficiency with speed under 8 mph. I think 1 battery can cover like 15-20 of full throttle climbing. So it can do the climb but the cfc rider has to help and the work hard to keep in power band. So when you see a hill you go max speed then keep it maxed with your personal max effort for the duration of the climb. Need more geared motor like a crank mounted or rear hub with gears for extended climbing with low speeds.

Looking at Soltera 7 for my 120 pound daughter for some climbs in Colorado. One climb we do is 7 miles, 1300 feet. Trying to get some idea of how much of the battery she'd use in mid and high assist. Any climbing experiences/data would be helpful! Also, coming from a road bike, surprised that largest cog is only 28 teeth, with 48t in front. That works well enough on steep climbs with the boost? Thanks!
Most owners have no idea what their bikes can actually do, or what the limits are. It takes months of riding to understand the full capability of your own ebike. There are so many variables that no one can give you an accurate answer.

Back