Aventon Pace 350 Step-Through Reviews?

Jones

Local time
10:37 PM
I'm thinking about buying an Aventon Pace 350 Step-Through, but I read that it can't take a person up a steep hill by throttle alone. Has anyone tried one? Is that true? It does have a 350w motor and a 36v battery and I used to have a Currie IZip Zuma with the same features. It took me right up any hill with throttle alone.

I have a pace 350 I can test it for you on a hill nearby but I usually I still pedal while using the throttle. I have the large size pace 350 and 270 lbs .
I guess your size would determine a lot. From what I know Aventon has lots of bikes dealer nationwide. I’m sure you can test ride the bike. There is a dealer locator on their website.

I’m a heavier rider myself and started with the Pace 350, but found I was disappointed in its hill climbing ability. My dealer allowed me to trade the 350 for the 500 applying all the 350 purchase price to the new bike.

The 500 has several features over the 350 that make it the better choice.

500 Watts
48 Volt
Hydraulic disc brakes
Altus derailleur
Adjustable handlebars
11-36 tooth ratio
28 mph top speed
18 Amp controller

aventon pace 500.jpg

I ended up buying the Aventon Pace 350. Of course the Pace 500 has more power (goes up hills with throttle alone), but when I used the highest pedal-assist setting on the 350, it took me up hills with very little effort. I've owned 4 different entry-level bikes and the Aventon is by far the best I've tried. The Aventon Pace 350 is a very solid bike with good components and it allows you to get a little exercise.

I'm thinking about buying an Aventon Pace 350 Step-Through, but I read that it can't take a person up a steep hill by throttle alone. Has anyone tried one? Is that true? It does have a 350w motor and a 36v battery and I used to have a Currie IZip Zuma with the same features. It took me right up any hill with throttle alone.
15 degrees, won't handle any more. Well it will but the battery goes down quicker.

I have a 350 (for a month now) a medium, am 165 lbs and I've only used PA mode 2 once, 1 most of the time, when needed. Could not be happier. If you are a heavyweight, go 500.

Back