Aventon Level how to throttle with no peddling

Hi Dave, You have to do a 1/4 turn of the pedals before the throttle will activate I believe. You can't use the throttle to take of from a stand still if this is what you are after. The only way around it would be to activate the walk mode which takes about 3 seconds to activate.

It should definitely be possible to ride the Level on throttle only according to Aventon's site:
"Throttle speeds of 20 mph mean that, even without pedaling, you can easily keep up with the traffic around you."

Their real world testing shows throttle only up to 20mph and 30 mile range:
level-electric-bike-throttle-only-range.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about your bike, but in the advanced setting on my Himiway I can make the throttle work from zero speed without having to pedal at all. It can be set like yours that requires about ¼ turn of crank before the throttle with work.

Personally I really like the throttle working from zero in tight spaces, PAS always kicks in too much for tight spaces in my opinion even when set to PAS level 1 20% motor power. This is only one of the reason I like the Himiway bikes over other ebikes in that price range.

IMG_0865.JPG

Last edited:
I don't know about your bike, but in the advanced setting on my Himiway I can make the throttle work from zero speed without having to pedal at all. It can be set like yours that requires about ¼ turn of crank before the throttle with work.

Personally I really like the throttle working from zero in tight spaces, PAS always kicks in too much for tight spaces in my opinion even when set to PAS level 1 20% motor power. This is only one of the reason I like the Himiway bikes over other ebikes in that price range.

View attachment 1871
I'm really enthralled with Himiway from the first reading of their advertisement.
Main concern...... The standover height....... I am 5'10" with an inseam of 29inches. I feel that the crossbar will be a problem.
Any thoughts?
Also I want to be able to use the throttle from the dead stop. Am I understanding you correctly that it is possible to throttle from a dead stop?

Back