Tires & Tubes Aventon Level.2 tires

Sure spads; from the tag: Michelin Country grip'r 27.5x2.10 (54-584)don't know that the last number is. Michelin been good to me for last 50 yrs so thought their bike tire should be fine?? Mounting front only to help keep front end under us on dirt/gravel. At 71, we are no longer semi-serious single track riders but still want off-road fun. Now I'm trying to see if I can upgrade my Level to your Level 2 torque sensor. Really wish dealer had told me about Level 2 coming out in a few months but apparently he was just wanting to sell stock bikes. Enjoy you bike, they appear (so far) to be a good bike.

Sure spads; from the tag: Michelin Country grip'r 27.5x2.10 (54-584)don't know that the last number is. Michelin been good to me for last 50 yrs so thought their bike tire should be fine?? Mounting front only to help keep front end under us on dirt/gravel. At 71, we are no longer semi-serious single track riders but still want off-road fun. Now I'm trying to see if I can upgrade my Level to your Level 2 torque sensor. Really wish dealer had told me about Level 2 coming out in a few months but apparently he was just wanting to sell stock bikes. Enjoy you bike, they appear (so far) to be a good bike.
Thanks so much for your info, I am also a long time fan of Michelin and will check these out. By the way, the torque sensor is excellent!

Forgot to mention I bought from "BikeTiresDirect". I believe free shipping and low cost. Never used them before but went great.

spads: got the Michelin Country grip'r 27.5x2.10 installed and there is more room between the knobbies and the fender than my stock 2.20 cruiser/road tire. I would think if you can find a 2.3 you should be good. BUT, I did not install 2.3 so what do I know.
Good luck.

<snip>

Now I'm trying to see if I can upgrade my Level to your Level 2 torque sensor. Really wish dealer had told me about Level 2 coming out in a few months but apparently he was just wanting to sell stock bikes. Enjoy you bike, they appear (so far) to be a good bike.
I have the Level.2 with torque sensor. I think it's good for women or others who might be intimidated by the sudden acceleration that cadence-sensored bikes sometimes give, but now that I've tried it, I would have preferred a cadence sensor and the $500 back in my pocket.

The torque sensor on my bike doesn't provide as much control over the power as a cadence sensor does. It's nice in that it stops and starts instantly with pedaling, but I'm finding PAS 1 is too much, and as soon as I'm pedaling and get to a comfortable effort level, I'm going at least 18 mph.

I like on a cadence sensor bike being able to dial in a minimum speed of say 13 mph, pedal just above that speed, but have the motor kick in to keep me going that speed in case of wind and hills. If I want to do that on my torque-sensored Level.2, I have to manually toggle PAS between 0 and 1.

I would settle for the PAS to somehow be fine-tunable through the bike's controls, and I've passed this feedback onto Aventon.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods (SE WI) drop me a line and you can try mine.

I have the Level.2 with torque sensor. I think it's good for women or others who might be intimidated by the sudden acceleration that cadence-sensored bikes sometimes give, but now that I've tried it, I would have preferred a cadence sensor and the $500 back in my pocket.

The torque sensor on my bike doesn't provide as much control over the power as a cadence sensor does. It's nice in that it stops and starts instantly with pedaling, but I'm finding PAS 1 is too much, and as soon as I'm pedaling and get to a comfortable effort level, I'm going at least 18 mph.

I like on a cadence sensor bike being able to dial in a minimum speed of say 13 mph, pedal just above that speed, but have the motor kick in to keep me going that speed in case of wind and hills. If I want to do that on my torque-sensored Level.2, I have to manually toggle PAS between 0 and 1.

I would settle for the PAS to somehow be fine-tunable through the bike's controls, and I've passed this feedback onto Aventon.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods (SE WI) drop me a line and you can try mine.
Ok, I've never had anyone explain that before. I'll go to dealer and test ride new Level 2 so I can check torque sensor out. Thanks for the great info.

Flyingjack can you send some photos of the knobby tires you installed does it matter to be a michelin or any brand will do as long as 54584 27.5x2.10. And how was the clearance from the fender? Pics please.thanks

On my Level, the 2.10 Mich knobby has slightly more clearance than the stock 2.20 tire. We've tried them on dirt rutted trails and they do the job. I can't say for certain; but, I would think any knobby that is 2.10 should fit the same and will work. For pics, I could text but I'm not savvy with computers and don't know how to send pics at all-sorry,

Back