Aventon Level 2 Review Thread

New update. Just added some Ergon GP5 handle grips to our bikes. While these are very pricey for just grips, these feel amazing. Just got back from a hour long ride. Just cruising along while holding the upper grip section is the most comfortable I've ever felt on a bike. Highly recommended. View attachment 9331
Is it Small or Large size that fit?

Are the end plugs removable, so I can use my bar-end mirrors? (Mirrcycle)

Is it Small or Large size that fit?

Are the end plugs removable, so I can use my bar-end mirrors? (Mirrcycle)
Either the small or large should fit. I have the large on mine and the small on my wife's bike. The length is the same as far as I can tell. The difference in size is based on the size of the palm rest area, not the length of the grip. This handle fits our bike perfectly. Extends all the way down to where the stock grip fit.

And yes the end plug is removable if you want to add mirrors to the end.

The GP5 is the most expensive in the entire line that ergon sells but I honestly can't imagine a more comfortable and versatile grip.

I put a new stem on yesterday to get the bats higher. Unfortunately, the clamp bolts don’t match the spacing on the headlight, so now the headlight is mounted sideways on a reflector mount.

This is no good because the headlight has an optic so the beam is trapezoidal. It’s going to be all screwed up if it’s sideways. I need to figure out something else.
IMG_4283.jpeg
IMG_4284.jpeg

I put a new stem on yesterday to get the bats higher. Unfortunately, the clamp bolts don’t match the spacing on the headlight, so now the headlight is mounted sideways on a reflector mount.

This is no good because the headlight has an optic so the beam is trapezoidal. It’s going to be all screwed up if it’s sideways. I need to figure out something else. View attachment 9448View attachment 9449
It's exactly for this same reason that I mounted my light on the fender.

I’m having a hard time imagining how to do this here. What kind of hardware did you use?
Planet Bike Fork Mount Headlight Bracket https://a.co/d/dDGrc34

Heres the link for the hardware. It's a very inexpensive bracket.

You have to make a small modification and drill out the opening for the headlight ever so slightly as it's just a little too small to fit the little silver alan key knobs. But a simple drill bit worked for me. Took all of 15 minutes from start to finish.

Attachments

• PXL_20230622_154441851.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230622_154441851.MP.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 128
  • PXL_20230622_154445283.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230622_154445283.MP.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 133
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That is a perfect solution; thanks! It's in my cart now. Going to add the fancy grips with the palm rest and bar ends too.

Edit: Ordered, along with some nice ergonomic grips.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Get an adjustable stem and set it all the way up. This will help bring the bars up and back some. Also a 90mm rise handlebar. These changes will shorten the cockpit to help get you sitting upright with less pressure on your hands. I did this to my wife’s Aventon Aventure and she is very happy now. She has mild carpel tunnel and right shoulder nerve issues. This mod helped her a lot. The 90mm rise bars I found were 720mm wide and I ended up cutting 20mm off each side to get the width close to stock. In the perfect world your hand placement should be much wider than your shoulders.

500 Mile Update: Great bike, I think I have it accessorized it just to my taste now.

The pedals and locking collar for the seatpost I got at the LBS; not sure what brand or models they are.

Awesome information guys.
Getting ready to order a large step over for me and a medium step thru for my wife.
I'm 6-4, so that's why I'm going the step over model.
If you guys have any additional info before I place order, let me know.
Thanks for all the info.

Hi guys, Have two level 2 on order.
What did you guys do to raise your handlebars? Pretty sure I will need to do this. Thanks
Also, do you feel the seat post with shock absorber is really beneficial?

I bought the pace adjustable stem and 3d printed a bracket and it seems to work great

Attachments

• IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2194.jpeg
    IMG_2194.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2193.jpeg
    IMG_2193.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2192.jpeg
    IMG_2192.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2187.jpeg
    IMG_2187.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 61
Also want to add if you want the bracket for the pace you can buy it from Aventon for 14.95 sku
31040-2406002
Aventon Integrated

Head Light Bracket

- Pace 500.2 / Pace

500.3 / Aventure.2

Thanks, did you have any issues with the length of your front brake cable. Mine seems like it is almost maxed out with the regular handlebars.

Yes it's a bit short funny km looking at cables now what is on my large frame looks like 800mm or 31.5 inches I'm gonna replace it with a900mm even though I think it may be fine but for 25$ I will just change it

Yes it's a bit short funny km looking at cables now what is on my large frame looks like 800mm or 31.5 inches I'm gonna replace it with a900mm even though I think it may be fine but for 25$ I will just change it
My wife has a regular frame and she seems to have less cable so we can raise hers about 2 inches

Thanks, just putting mine together now so I have some more adjusting to do and may come back with some more questions.
Where would you order the longer cable from?

Back