Aventon Level 2 Review Thread

Fn took me 5years to save up enough money to buy my 1st ebike. Let alone have like 10 of them like Smaug has got.
Hahaha, I only have three. (one's the wife's) Kind of screwed myself financially for a bit there last year when I was really et up with it.

Now, I've sold my hybrid bike (Trek Verve 3) and am considering selling that beautiful Schwinn, but not just yet, I think; haven't yet gotten the vintage thing out of my system.

I'll probably sell the little Trek road bike I bought my daughter. She's got zero interest in it. I think I'll drag her out a few times first though, just to make sure. I paid $250 for it and it's great.

Going to add a gravel acoustic bike soon for myself, and maybe a Ride1Up Portola. Garage capacity is always going to be the determining factor, I think.

On the other hand, DieselTech has the skills to build his own stuff, which I haven't got. (I don't have the time either, trying to raise kids and the wife wants a lot of attention too)

Hahaha, I only have three. (one's the wife's) Kind of screwed myself financially for a bit there last year when I was really et up with it.

Now, I've sold my hybrid bike (Trek Verve 3) and am considering selling that beautiful Schwinn, but not just yet, I think; haven't yet gotten the vintage thing out of my system.

I'll probably sell the little Trek road bike I bought my daughter. She's got zero interest in it. I think I'll drag her out a few times first though, just to make sure. I paid $250 for it and it's great.

Going to add a gravel acoustic bike soon for myself, and maybe a Ride1Up Portola. Garage capacity is always going to be the determining factor, I think.

On the other hand, DieselTech has the skills to build his own stuff, which I haven't got. (I don't have the time either, trying to raise kids and the wife wants a lot of attention too)

I only have 3 i kept for myself out of 16 builds.

Ride Safe ya'll :cool:

Thanks for the reviews and valuable info, Smaug! I just got my Level 2 and took it for my first ride yesterday. Had a blast! Loved it!

But...

I noticed a couple things that I'm not sure if they're to be normal or abnormal.
1. The Level 2 has torque assist. It was my understanding the torque assist kicks in immediately when needed. I noticed it didn't kick in until a half to three-quarter of a turn of the pedals. Is that to be expected?
2. The Level 2 is a hub drive. It seems there's a decent amount of drag from the motor when coasting or not using any power assist. To be expected?
3. While certainly not loud, the motor does make a noticeable hum/electronic whine when it kicks in. To be expected?

Off topic: How does a person create a new thread in the Aventon-only forum. Each time I hit "Post Thread," I get a window with various sub-topics, none of which are for specific brands of e-bikes.

Thanks for any insights!

Thanks for the reviews and valuable info, Smaug! I just got my Level 2 and took it for my first ride yesterday. Had a blast! Loved it!

But...

I noticed a couple things that I'm not sure if they're to be normal or abnormal.
1. The Level 2 has torque assist. It was my understanding the torque assist kicks in immediately when needed. I noticed it didn't kick in until a half to three-quarter of a turn of the pedals. Is that to be expected?
Mine kicks in almost immediately, but they may have intentionally delayed it in later production so they don't get blamed for bike shooting out into cross traffic when someone pushes down slightly on the pedals.

2. The Level 2 is a hub drive. It seems there's a decent amount of drag from the motor when coasting or not using any power assist. To be expected?
Yes, and it will get less as it breaks in. Gear faces polishing each other in the oil or grease bath.

3. While certainly not loud, the motor does make a noticeable hum/electronic whine when it kicks in. To be expected?
Yes.

Off topic: How does a person create a new thread in the Aventon-only forum. Each time I hit "Post Thread," I get a window with various sub-topics, none of which are for specific brands of e-bikes.

Thanks for any insights!
Those threads in that sub are automatically put there when Aventon is mentioned in other fora. You can't put threads there on purpose. I think the reason is to raise the search ratings to direct here when someone Googles Aventon eBikes. @Anton might be able to clarify.

Those threads in that sub are automatically put there when Aventon is mentioned in other fora. You can't put threads there on purpose. I think the reason is to raise the search ratings to direct here when someone Googles Aventon eBikes. @Anton might be able to clarify.

Yep that's correct all you have to do is add "Aventon" in the title of your post and it will show up in the "Aventon" forum after about 10mins or so. They're virtual forums designed to group all the same brand posts together to make it easier to find similar posts.

It's weird. Sometimes you need to log off...then log back on to see the results....
Other times the member must log off the clear content cache and cookies the log back in to see the results.

@Anton mate we need to make this easier maybe mate?

Back