Aventon experiences?

I love what you’ve done with your Soltera. I’ve mentioned elsewhere that if they offered a drop-bar version of their bikes it would pique my interest.

Question: When I lowered the bars on my Aventure, I moved the spacers that were below the stem and placed them above it.

52380374272_a5f7c04beb_z.jpg

Can they safely just be removed?
Hiya Eddie!

Yeah they can be removed but you'll have the fork tube stickin out up there....also
you can take them off....put one back on and mark it then cut the fork tube then put the collar and the top plate back on for a cleaner look.

I love what you’ve done with your Soltera. I’ve mentioned elsewhere that if they offered a drop-bar version of their bikes it would pique my interest.

Question: When I lowered the bars on my Aventure, I moved the spacers that were below the stem and placed them above it.

52380374272_a5f7c04beb_z.jpg

Can they safely just be removed?
Not only does it save weight, it rids of the hideous looking apendenture above the stem. And, it rids of an additional safety hazard in the event of a crash. If you remove the spacers permanently, you'll have to push the internal star nut further down into the fork steerer tube. There's a special tool to do this but really not needed. A hammer and a ratchet extension (or something similar to reach inside the steerer) is all that's needed. Do your measurements carefully and push (pound on) forcefully on the star nut further down the steerer. After placing it in its new position, measure the amount of steerer tube to be cut off. I used a small inexpensive pipe cutter from Harbor Freight or Amazon. Then reassemble. It took me 15 minutes start to finish. I'm sure there's a "how to" video on YouTube for you to view.

Attachments

• 20221112_072512.jpg
    20221112_072512.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 94
The only way they can be removed is you have to cut the fork tube to size. Bring to bike shop they'll do it minimal cost.

Thanks. I’m not worried about aesthetics, so I’ll probably leave it like it is in case some future owner/rider wants to raise the bars back up.
You don't want to leave it like that. God forbid you get into some kind of accident and part of your body hits that stem protrusion

When I was researching what kind of e-bike to get, I almost got an Aventon. They are heavily advertised on facebook and now Google Chrome remembers that I'm into e-bikes and Aventon ads show up everywhere.

In response to one facebook ad, someone commented that they had a problem and their Customer Service was totally unhelpful.

I do see them mentioned here from time to time, and am wondering what you all's experience has been.

Are the bikes themselves good?
My husbnd and I just bought Aventon Level2 bikes today. One issue we are facing is that we are unable to bluetooth pair one of the bike displays with the Aventon app on Iphone XR after numerous attempts. We had no issues with pairing the other bike on a Samsung Galaxy phone. Guess we will be making a call to Erik’s Bike Shop support service tomorrow.

Hiya Eddie!

Yeah they can be removed but you'll have the fork tube stickin out up there....also
you can take them off....put one back on and mark it then cut the fork tube then put the collar and the top plate back on for a cleaner look.
You need cut the steerer tube height to adjust steering bearing pre load. What you have in picture is fine. As long as you have enough steering tube above the stem. Either buy proper cutting of steerer or shiming as you have done. It matters not where the spacers are. Below the stem or above. Proper height is the main issue.

Thanks. I’m not worried about aesthetics, so I’ll probably leave it like it is in case some future owner/rider wants to raise the bars back up.
Good choice. Once it`s cut it`s gone. Extenders are available but look odd too.

Funny that someone bumped this, and now almost a year later, I've bought an Aventon. (and am happy so far!)

Back