Aventon Customer Support Experience - Please Share

I have a wtva,folding step thru (vtuvia) .bought in June 2021 from amazon and I had a cutting out problem.Comtacted the seller at 4:00 pm and at 6:15 pm, the same day was contacted back by the seller. Told him of my problem and was sent a new controller and battery ,free of charge within 4 days. Was told to send the other battery to have it checked out .free shipping and the battery came back to me . Now I have 2 batteries. Could not stop a rear brake noise so I was sent a new caliper .200 miles and I am real happy with my $1299.00 electric bike .This is the best customer service I have ever had.

Purchased two Aventons - a Level from my LBS and an Aventure online (my local LBS was backordered several weeks).

Before purchasing the Aventure, I owned my Level for about a month and loved it. After the Aventure arrived, we noticed the rear fender mounts were bent and the mounting bracket was broken. Emailed Aventon on Friday afternoon, heard back on Monday morning with a tracking # for a replacement rear fender.

Outstanding and prompt service! Although I was hesitant to purchase from the poor service others on this forum were experiencing. I also understand the supply chain issues other companies were experiencing and the growing pains Aventon experienced from its sudden popularity. My local bike shop also relayed this but said that Aventon was solid and they had no issues with recommending their products.

Just my $0.02 and experience.

Bought two Aventures and one had a weird vibration at low speed. Mark at Aventon worked with me tirelessly to try and fix it by sending several replacement parts, but ultimately we decided there was something we couldn’t fix and they paid to have the bike shipped back for a full credit. (Which we’ll use to buy another Aventure since the other one has been awesome)

Is anyone else having major Aventon customer service breakdowns?

We bought two Aventure e-bikes in July. Mainly due to my petite lady being able to get a small frame and I hoped having two of the same bikes would be easier for me to maintain (not correct since shifters and brakes vary between Aventure step-thru and regular frame)

Anyways my bike was damaged in shipping, I reported problems immediately, was ignored and received emails about Aventon improving customer service so kept mailing and finally someone responded after a few weeks of trying. My shifter has never worked properly, my derailer was bent and my rear brake leaks needing bled every few days. Aventon finally approved for me to take to shop and have it looked at. (after suggesting I take on the repairs on the new bike myself I had to remind them I bought a new product and it is has been never been new always broken) Well they sent the wrong parts, and have not reimbursed for the shop visit (45+ days ago) they even went through my shop receipt and refused to pay for a $25 used shifter the bike shop put on because the SunRace that came on bike was defective/damaged. Aventon was supposed to supply me a replacement SunRace shifter, never happened. My responses with customer service been ignored for 3+ weeks. Always been polite, to the point and objective I am not trying to be a difficult customer.

Now my ladies bike cadence sensor has failed 5 weeks ago, we figured out the problem but they have failed to send parts for weeks. They don't say out of stock or anything like that. They're telling us to take to bike shop once the part is in for reimbursement which I don't love because we haven't been paid on the first one!

What a worthless company! I am going to research doing a chargeback with Visa on the bikes. Am I the only one out here dealing with this crap? Has anyone actually been reimbursed for warranty service?

Don't mind the product but what a headache worse purchase in years I can remember.
Sorry to hear this information but this kind of knowledge needs to be out there and available. I am having the same problem with Himiway so don't go that route.

We bought two Aventure e-bikes in July. Mainly due to my petite lady being able to get a small frame and I hoped having two of the same bikes would be easier for me to maintain (not correct since shifters and brakes vary between Aventure step-thru and regular frame)

Anyways my bike was damaged in shipping, I reported problems immediately, was ignored and received emails about Aventon improving customer service so kept mailing and finally someone responded after a few weeks of trying. My shifter has never worked properly, my derailer was bent and my rear brake leaks needing bled every few days. Aventon finally approved for me to take to shop and have it looked at. (after suggesting I take on the repairs on the new bike myself I had to remind them I bought a new product and it is has been never been new always broken) Well they sent the wrong parts, and have not reimbursed for the shop visit (45+ days ago) they even went through my shop receipt and refused to pay for a $25 used shifter the bike shop put on because the SunRace that came on bike was defective/damaged. Aventon was supposed to supply me a replacement SunRace shifter, never happened. My responses with customer service been ignored for 3+ weeks. Always been polite, to the point and objective I am not trying to be a difficult customer.

Now my ladies bike cadence sensor has failed 5 weeks ago, we figured out the problem but they have failed to send parts for weeks. They don't say out of stock or anything like that. They're telling us to take to bike shop once the part is in for reimbursement which I don't love because we haven't been paid on the first one!

What a worthless company! I am going to research doing a chargeback with Visa on the bikes. Am I the only one out here dealing with this crap? Has anyone actually been reimbursed for warranty service?

Don't mind the product but what a headache worse purchase in years I can remember.
From my 67 yrs on earth I have never experienced worst customer service and downright lying from any company like Aventon. Maybe the lack of phone support should have warned me before I ordered

It’s a shame that Aventon has such a poor customer service reputation. They really do make a great product and I absolutely love my Pace 500.

It sure seems like they are using their customer service budget towards advertising, as I can’t hit a web page without seeing their bikes.

I think that it would make all the world of difference (and they would likely get a lot better customer satisfaction) if they would simply offer a phone number to call.

In the meantime, I guess the best advice would be to buy their bikes through a local bike shop if possible, so the customer does not have to deal with the hassle directly.

Learn from the experience. Always buy bikes from your lbs

4 or 5 people bitching out of 1000s of bike purchases....yeah, that's a trend...

Most people who don't have a gripe, don't talk about it, only whiners do.
Sorry, brother, in my case, it's the opposite. I don't normally post anything. Have you ever thought that there might be a lot of folks, like me that have had issues with Aventon, but haven't posted? You're making a lot of assumptions in your sweping statement. I received a damaged Aventon Aventure, submitted multiple warranty requests and sent separate emails teo weeks ago and have reviewed zero responses from the company, period. I can definately state that Aventon has poor customer service just on their lack of communication. Mean while, my wife has an unusable $2000 ebike. Thanks Aventon!

Have had my Aventure for a couple of months and after about 100 miles, I was out late enough that I finally tried to turn on the front light only to notice it did not come on. Long story short, I have had a very positive experience with customer support. I am still trying to resolve the issue with both front and back light, but the have been responsive to emails and shipped out a set of replacement lights.

Yes I bought and have issues. Their service is zero

Although I haven't always gotten the answers I wanted I have to say, up ti this point, Tyler (my CS contact) has been prompt to answer my questions. The face that he hasn't given up speaks volumes regarding patience with dummies. I must say he had some influence on my decision to purchase. I'll find out tomorrow if the bike is all I hope it is.

So what I've found out so far. Beautiful bikes. IMHO Aventon seems to put more emphasis in the looks of their bikes than anyone else I've seen. Ours are the citrine and moonrock colors. A welcome break from the black, blue, and white so prevalent. BUT.....not so fast.

Ours arrived with one dead battery. Although their manual says not to charge for more than 8 hours I'm told to leave it on charge for 24 hours. I did that to no avail. Which is BS because there's no way a 2 watt charger with no boost mode will wake up a dead battery. So I called back and spoke with Hoyee this time. Very nice very helpfull and he agreed, dead battery, and started a ticket to ship out a replacement. I just hope it gets here before I have to leave!!

I am very pleased with the bikes and am very happy with my choice of the Soltera. It's light and that's felt in the ride. A bit stiff to be sure but 75-80% of our riding is on pavement or hardpack so not intolerable for my 67yo backside. I may try the wider tires later this year. I much prefer walking or running on trails in spring and summer.. One thing I REALLY like is that the bike rides and feels like a standard bike without the battery. A bit on the weighty side to be sure but otherwise, to me, it feels like a regular bike that just happens to have a motor if I want to use it. BUT I'm also fine riding without the motor just no where near as fast :ROFLMAO:

As for Aventon customer service......up till now they've been top notch. Me on EST and them on PST is a bummer but they've answered the phone promptly and have been nothing but helpful. SO FAR. I was told the batteries were out of stock and I have 2 extras on order. I was told those will ship 6/21 or thereabouts. I have to leave this campground on 6/2. I explained this to Hoyee and he said it would be close so we'll see if the shipping dept. can hold up their end.

Back