Aventon Customer Support Experience - Please Share

rawtoxic

Local time
4:46 AM
Is anyone else having major Aventon customer service breakdowns?

We bought two Aventure e-bikes in July. Mainly due to my petite lady being able to get a small frame and I hoped having two of the same bikes would be easier for me to maintain (not correct since shifters and brakes vary between Aventure step-thru and regular frame)

Anyways my bike was damaged in shipping, I reported problems immediately, was ignored and received emails about Aventon improving customer service so kept mailing and finally someone responded after a few weeks of trying. My shifter has never worked properly, my derailer was bent and my rear brake leaks needing bled every few days. Aventon finally approved for me to take to shop and have it looked at. (after suggesting I take on the repairs on the new bike myself I had to remind them I bought a new product and it is has been never been new always broken) Well they sent the wrong parts, and have not reimbursed for the shop visit (45+ days ago) they even went through my shop receipt and refused to pay for a $25 used shifter the bike shop put on because the SunRace that came on bike was defective/damaged. Aventon was supposed to supply me a replacement SunRace shifter, never happened. My responses with customer service been ignored for 3+ weeks. Always been polite, to the point and objective I am not trying to be a difficult customer.

Now my ladies bike cadence sensor has failed 5 weeks ago, we figured out the problem but they have failed to send parts for weeks. They don't say out of stock or anything like that. They're telling us to take to bike shop once the part is in for reimbursement which I don't love because we haven't been paid on the first one!

What a worthless company! I am going to research doing a chargeback with Visa on the bikes. Am I the only one out here dealing with this crap? Has anyone actually been reimbursed for warranty service?

Don't mind the product but what a headache worse purchase in years I can remember.

I purposely chose NOT to purchase Aventon ebikes based on the horrible customer service reviews and ratings I saw. Your post confirms suspicions and my research.

I am very sorry you've had to go through this and hope you can get something resolved with them.

For what it's worth, I ended up purchasing Evelo ebikes. Much more expensive. But I've had zero problems and their customer service has been absolutely outstanding.

Best of luck to you.

So sorry to hear about your experience. Feel like I dodged a bullet. Had placed an order for the Aventure, had second thoughts and cancelled. Word really does need to get out to anyone thinking about Aventon.

My Aventon Pace 350 started giving me trouble soon after I bought it in March 2021. It was erratic, stopping and starting randomly. I got NO HELP from Aventon. They didn't even respond to my emails. Eventually I traced the problem to the brake sensors, but Aventon offered no replacements. I'm running with them disconnected. Never again!

I also have problems with the rear brake, having to have it bled six weeks after having bought the bike online. Getting it home from the shop, I tried to turn it on and got an E 25 message. I've been unable to get Aventon to respond to my emails. Anybody know what that error message means?

I canceled my order today. I ordered in August and was told it would ship 9/24. After 2 more weeks of waiting they still could not give me a date for shipment. To top it off, via their chat option, I was told that the sand color was available for immediate shipping. I had ordered the green. I was then told that they couldn't change the order but I could cancel and reorder the different color. Apparently they have no way of communicating to the customer what is in-stock or out of stock. So I waited for 6 weeks and no one at Aventon was able to let me know that I could have had a different color right away. Very poor ordering platform and customer service. I went to juiced and their website tells you what is in stock and what is not. Aventon is a good looking bike, but if they can't manage their customer service during the ordering and shipping process, good luck getting any help once you get your bike. I would recommend buying elsewhere.

From my perspective, you get what you pay for.
Unknown brand or parts..good luck finding anyone willing to service your brand X bike. In a matter of weeks/months maybe a year or two...your bike will be worthless.

I'm still amazed and happy Aurora ebikes. They might be expensive...but I know and can count on it working years to come.

Can I get a ride on this bus ?
I went in thinking I had done my research but I made the mistake of no checking forums. Battery key was not included, and yes I have checked the cables and box numerous times. In all fairness they quickly replied and gave me an order number, so good for them. However, I almost killed myself during the first ride when approaching a stop sign I discovered that my brakes didn’t work. I got lucky no cars were coming. Filled out warranty request and awaiting a reply, meanwhile off to the shop I go to get my brakes checked On my brand new $2K bike. I watched every video on youtube about this bike and felt I made a good choice. The key missing is not a big deal for me but the brake failure was a good scare. Seems to me that no one is checking these items out before they ship Out.

My brake sensors failed too. No help from Aventon. I eventually filed a claim with Better Business Bureau in their home town. Finally they sent me parts.

Yeah… things have been disappointing me also. Glad to hear that you got the parts it gives me hope that the company is tryin. It should not take a BBB complaint. They’ve told me to expect my key in Januay, with current supply issues I can understand. The reimbursement for the brake bleed is administrative so I’m not holding my breath on that they’ve never givin an update on that besides it being referred to accounting. Having to put the bike inside the house for winter storage since I can’t remove battery. Not a bad product but company operations is going to cripple them if they don’t do something soon.

I've had my 350 for a month now and no issues, except for a user (me) issue. I contacted support and got a reply the same day. I love the bike and hope it continues to perform as well as it has been doing.

I've had my 350 for a month now and no issues, except for a user (me) issue. I contacted support and got a reply the same day. I love the bike and hope it continues to perform as well as it has been doing.
Somehow I don't believe this report. In view of all the other negative thoughts.

OMG did I say that? I qualified my statement. Yours has been the only somewhat positive report I have seen about this company.
4 or 5 people bitching out of 1000s of bike purchases....yeah, that's a trend...

Most people who don't have a gripe, don't talk about it, only whiners do.

This is an update on my prev post. Bought Aventor back in October, it arrived with no key and non functional brakes.
it took a few months but it seems that Aventon is coming thru…
I received the refund for having my brakes bleed done and I’ve been informed that the key is expected to ship in January.
Aventon customer service is holding up well, they’re just very backed up.
After being initially disappointed I now feel that they are doing the best they can and I feel a lot more confident in the company.
Just wanting to be fair and not just accentuate the negative.
Have a great 2022, ride often and ride safe….

Disclaimer: I sell ebikes in an independent e-bike shop.

Aventon is our workhorse brand (we sell between 11 and 16 different brands at any given time) and we've sold HUNDREDS of them off our sales floor. I don't doubt that the experiences of trying to get customer service as a consumer on your own might be more challenging, but we've had an excellent working relationship with them for several years now. We haven't seen all of these out-of-the-box damages that are being experienced, but to be fair, ours come bundled together on pallets and are therefore more protected from being banged around. We assemble and test ride every bike before putting them out for sale, so we do catch some of the minor mis-alignments and such that are bound to pop up, but I'm honestly shocked by the brake issues! Last summer was a real nightmare trying to get bikes at all, not to mention parts and accessories. At one point not a single one of our suppliers even had tubes to sell us. Just basic, normal bike tubes. NONE. Ran out of racks, both for the back of the bike and for vehicles, we took whatever fenders we could get our hands on that might fit, and so on...a real disaster. It feels like things are coming back in stock finally, but my fingers are crossed for this year, as I don't expect to see a slow-down in the e-bike market any time soon.

So just my $ .02 based on experience that has been drastically different. Every single bike company got HAMMERED in 2021, so it's definitely true that there were some real failures in service - no argument there. However I think they were more anomaly than evidence of a bad company overall.

Purchased my Adventure a few months ago and although winter has limited my use of it I have had no issues. Bike arrived in good order and was easy to assemble. I have purchased several accessories, and all arrived in a timely fashion.

This is an update on my prev post. Bought Aventor back in October, it arrived with no key and non functional brakes.
it took a few months but it seems that Aventon is coming thru…
I received the refund for having my brakes bleed done and I’ve been informed that the key is expected to ship in January.
Aventon customer service is holding up well, they’re just very backed up.
After being initially disappointed I now feel that they are doing the best they can and I feel a lot more confident in the company.
Just wanting to be fair and not just accentuate the negative.
Have a great 2022, ride often and ride safe….
Update: A few weeks ago battery keys arrived, to my disappointment since they were the wrong keys. I contacted the CS person who’s been helping me with my issues and she promptly replied and offered me a complete lock housing to replace mine, (it comes with keys). Of course I accepted, within a week it arrived and is being installed his week under warranty at my local Aventon dealer.
i want to thank Aventon specifically Fara my CS person who’s has been great. I’ve had many experiences with customer service of various companies and retailers throughout the years and I feel that this has been a good one. All issues were corrected to my satisfaction and considering current sourcing and supply issues within a reasonable time. No “doom and gloom” here.
Go ride… well if your weather allows :)

Back