Aventon Aventure step thru, how to disable the speed limiter?

Mac415200

Local time
7:52 AM
I just purchased an Aventon Aventure step thru, I love it. looking to see if anyone has disabled the speed limiter?

This video is for the Aventon 350 or 500. My wife has the Aventure step thru. This prescribed process doesn’t work on her bike. Any other recommendations?

Aventon ebikes can have the speed limit changed using the settings in the control panel and can be set as low as 14 MPH if desired to comply with local laws. You may find more information inside your owner’s manual. Aventon ebikes can also have the throttle unplugged and removed (but will continue to run on pedal assist) if desired in locations where throttle bikes are not permitted. The Rate of Acceleration cannot be changed. If you would like assistance, please contact our customer support team at https://www.aventon.com/pages/support.

I just purchased an Aventon Aventure step thru, I love it. looking to see if anyone has disabled the speed limiter?
When I bought mine it was set at 20mph. I looked all over to figure out how to get it up the 28mph as advertised. To increase the speed you need to use the Aventon app. Hit the gears at the top and it has a speed limit option. I maxed it out and now I can get the 28mph.

This is an excellent, in-depth, comparison of an Aventure, a Himiway, and a RadWagon. Except for battery range, the Aventure tends to win in most every category. Plus they do real-world tests in the video and use a variety of riders too. Well worth watching!

Aventon ebikes can have the speed limit changed using the settings in the control panel and can be set as low as 14 MPH if desired to comply with local laws. You may find more information inside your owner’s manual. Aventon ebikes can also have the throttle unplugged and removed (but will continue to run on pedal assist) if desired in locations where throttle bikes are not permitted. The Rate of Acceleration cannot be changed. If you would like assistance, please contact our customer support team at https://www.aventon.com/pages/support.

Hi
I'm in a lot of trouble. I bought aventon adventure electric bikes for me and aventon sinch for my wife electric and transported them from Florida to Reykjavík Iceland Europe, but then did not get them from customs in Iceland as they are registered at 20 miles per hour but according to the law in Iceland the maximum speed ebikes is 15.5 miles per hour (25 kmh.) in Iceland. Do you know if I can get some sort of document stating that the ebikes can only travel at15.5 miles per hour as allowed by local law in Iceland.
Best regards
Rúnar and Kristín.

I think you may have hit on the key point! I like my new Aventure, but the lag from throttle on or start of peddle is WAY TO LONG! For the throttle it takes 3-4 seconds to feel the motor start to kick in. And it takes 1 1/2 rotations of the peddle to feel any assist. That may not sound like much, but it makes the bike feel sluggish and unresponsive. Is there anything that can be done to make my new bike more responsive? I’d consider changing out components if that’s what it would take. Or hacking into the sofeware. Thoughts…

Does it have to do with the crank sensor vs force sensor on other bikes?
Is it just the way the controller is programed?
Would a different throttle make a difference?
Am I expecting too much from this level of ebike?

I think you may have hit on the key point! I like my new Aventure, but the lag from throttle on or start of peddle is WAY TO LONG! For the throttle it takes 3-4 seconds to feel the motor start to kick in. And it takes 1 1/2 rotations of the peddle to feel any assist. That may not sound like much, but it makes the bike feel sluggish and unresponsive. Is there anything that can be done to make my new bike more responsive? I’d consider changing out components if that’s what it would take. Or hacking into the sofeware. Thoughts…

Hopefully the company you bought the bike from could share how to adjust that using the display. I don't know why any manufacturer would ship a bike like that maybe it slipped through QC.

Can anyone with an Aventon Aventure comment on their experience if your bike shows the same characteristics? I feel like this is just the way the bike is configured with a crank sensor vs a force sensor. And possibly the programming.

Can anyone with an Aventon Aventure comment on their experience if your bike shows the same characteristics? I feel like this is just the way the bike is configured with a crank sensor vs a force sensor. And possibly the programming.
Have you contacted the MFG or the source where you purchased the bike? That would be my first place to look for help. I agree there is something wrong with the programming of the display/controller but unless the docs you got with the bike address these issues you will need to talk to the MFGs representatives.

I just checked YouTube and didn't find any video that addressed the actual programming using the display or the smartphone app, sorry. You really need to contact the company and pressure them for fix as what you explained is not correct for that bike.

I agree the power lag is frustrating. You do get used to it but, I would be a much happier customer if the Initial starting AND the power levels at each step could be adjusted.

Sure. Be sure you're starting from a stop in the proper gear. Downshift to an easier gear when you come to a stop or park the bike after a ride. That way you can easily move the bike on human power by pedaling for the 1.x crank arm rotation for the hub motor to get triggered and add boost.

This video is for the Aventon 350 or 500. My wife has the Aventure step thru. This prescribed process doesn’t work on her bike. Any other recommendations?
For the Aventure, the setting is in the smartphone app which has to be paired with the bike display. Pretty straight forward from there.

I have an Aventure. This seems to be the way the bike is configured - for safety. Its a powerhouse so I am kinda glad that it doesnt kick in immediatly. Also... seems that cadence sensors are like that. I also own a Stromer ST1 (torque sensor) and it is a completely different pedalling experience from cadence sensor.. I am hoping that Aventon will release something so solve this issue in the future. I hear many many complaints about it.

Back