Aventon Aventure step thru, how to disable the speed limiter?

I purchased the Aventon Sinch in April 2022 and used the app to raise the max speed to 28 mph. Great setting for our hilly area. June 2023 I opened the app for the first time in a while, and the app automatically reduced my max speed to 20 mph. The app no longer allows me to increase it back to 28 mph. A real negative game-changer. I emailed Aventon to ask why and they said that this was done to comply with local laws. I'm really missing the extra power/speed. Anyone got a fix?

Cheap Cheap fix would be to use a different controller and display.

For instance, you could use a 1500w Voilamart controller and a SW900 display (very simple setup)

That will get you up to around 33MPH or better depending on the way you set it up.

I have an Aventure in my kitchen waiting to be sold. It was a great learning tool but it's days have come and gone for me.

That's one way to change the Max Speed.

Welcome to the forums by the way :cool:

Can anyone with an Aventon Aventure comment on their experience if your bike shows the same characteristics? I feel like this is just the way the bike is configured with a crank sensor vs a force sensor. And possibly the programming.
Mine is the same way

Back