Aventon Aventure kickstand adjustment

cjworrell

Local time
9:02 AM
Hi new to forum and have a simple (I think) question. Was trying to adjust the height of my kickstand on my Aventure. Removed kickstand from bike and then loosened allen bolt from stand itself. Backed screw all the way out and the bottom half of kickstand come off. However I do believe I need a nut for the allen bolt to screw into to reassemble. I doubt i lost the nut during disassembly and even if i did not sure how to put a nut into the assembly and then put the bottom part of kickstand over nut and then line up nut and allen bolt. kickstand over nut and then line up nut and allen bolt.
20221001_161847.jpg

The "nut" appears to be a part of the lower kickstand tube
The lower kickstand tube is plastic and the upper part is metal (just so we are talking about the same parts). I do not see any net and besides, the nut needs to somehow get in bac of the metal part of the upper tube so the bolt has something to grab onto? If you have the kickstand with the net could you take a photograph?

The lower kickstand tube is plastic and the upper part is metal (just so we are talking about the same parts). I do not see any net and besides, the nut needs to somehow get in bac of the metal part of the upper tube so the bolt has something to grab onto? If you have the kickstand with the net could you take a photograph?
That's pretty wild. It looks like that little bolt has a nut on the inside of the bottom tube...with that little bolt there is no way to get a nut onto it ...
it looks like to me, but i could be wrong.

In my opinion, it looks as though that little bolt fits into the hole in the bottom tube. Being in that hole will allow adjustment with the Slot
on the upper metal part that goes into the bottom tube.

That being said....I would think that in that bottom tube there would be a Nut embedded in there somewhere.....make sense?

Back