Aventon Aventure How to set to class 2

Hi Donsk. Install the Aventon app on your mobile phone. You can pair the phone and the bike display using bluetooth and then modify the bike to a Class 3 bike (28mph top PAS boost/20 mph top throttle only speed) via the app.

But...

You will get much less range per charge than if you set it to Class 2. In Class 2 mode with moderate constant pedaling over mixed hilly and flat terrain I can go about 40 miles using just 15-20% of the battery charge. Setting the bike to Class 3, the same route with the same physical effort takes a bit less time but eats up about 60% of the battery.

It depends on what you want (for commuting where time is of the essence and you don't want to be too sweaty at your destination, Class 3 may be the way to go, but for long recreational tours, in Class 2 mode you can trade a little bit of speed, add some time on the trip and vastly extend your range per charge.

On the "real world" range table for the Aventon they use a 180# rider on the 75# Aventure over a mix of 20% hilly/80% flat terrain with the bike set up as a Class 3. Set to Class 2, figure you double the range per charge shown.

Hi Donsk. Install the Aventon app on your mobile phone. You can pair the phone and the bike display using bluetooth and then modify the bike to a Class 3 bike (28mph top PAS boost/20 mph top throttle only speed) via the app.

But...

You will get much less range per charge than if you set it to Class 2. In Class 2 mode with moderate constant pedaling over mixed hilly and flat terrain I can go about 40 miles using just 15-20% of the battery charge. Setting the bike to Class 3, the same route with the same physical effort takes a bit less time but eats up about 60% of the battery.

It depends on what you want (for commuting where time is of the essence and you don't want to be too sweaty at your destination, Class 3 may be the way to go, but for long recreational tours, in Class 2 mode you can trade a little bit of speed, add some time on the trip and vastly extend your range per charge.

On the "real world" range table for the Aventon they use a 180# rider on the 75# Aventure over a mix of 20% hilly/80% flat terrain with the bike set up as a Class 3. Set to Class 2, figure you double the range per charge shown.
Thanks for the advise! I’m keeping mine in class 2 on mixed terrain and class 3 on streets and bike trails.

Back