Aventon Aventure headlight bracket

hulse2u

Local time
11:00 PM
I put a handlebar accessory rail on my Aventon Aventure. I want to move my factory headlight to the new rail but the rail is much smaller than the original handlebar mounting location. The bracket Aventon uses does not come apart and doesn’t have much room for adjustment. I would like to get a new bracket to mount the headlight to on my new accessory rail. Has anyone done this and know of a different bracket that will fit the headlight? I can try using spacers but would rather not, it is a significant amount to make up the difference.
Thanks for any help!

Yes the light bracket is poorly designed. You need to take everything off of the handlebars to get the light off. I designed my own bracket and used a light that makes use of the front rack mounts on the frame. The good news is that the light is using a 6 volt circuit off of the controller so you can always find a replacement if you need to.

20230208_153934.jpg
light bracket.jpg

Yes the light bracket is poorly designed. You need to take everything off of the handlebars to get the light off. I designed my own bracket and used a light that makes use of the front rack mounts on the frame. The good news is that the light is using a 6 volt circuit off of the controller so you can always find a replacement if you need
That’s a nice looking bracket you made! What light did you go with and how did you make your connections? Did you run a new wire back to the original connection point or use the wire that was there?

I used a halo light that I found on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095Y9PF5V/
Ran a wire back and made a custom circuit to switch the 48v from the battery and used the circuit off of the controller to do that to keep the button function intact. Certainly a bit overboard if you just want a light but in for a penny in for a pound.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back