Aventon Aventure Front Wheel Noise

rocco saya

Local time
9:10 AM
Hi everyone. I have attached a sound recording of some very loud noise coming from the front wheel assembly of my Aventon Aventure Ebike. It's brand new! Started happening after only 10 miles riding. I can't quite figure out what's causing the noise. The noise almost always happens when slowing down (regardless if I use the brake or not) Sometimes it will not make any noise at all, then other times quite often. I took the front fender off, and it seemed to greatly decrease the times this happens, but it STILL happens. If I tap on the front brake, it will stop for a short time. I am new to Ebikes. Can you help me out and listen to the noise recording I included, and tell me what you think it might be? Wheel bearing? DIsc brake or pads? Something else? Thank you sooo much!

Attachments

• bike_sound.mp3
    221.7 KB
I have no idea what that sounds is!! Never heard that from my Aventure. Call for WARRANTY SUPPORT. Could be dangerous. Please be careful.

Sounds like your front brakes are rubbing. Mine did on delivery too. The adjustment isn't too difficult if you haven't worked this out yet.

Could be that one of the 2 bolts that attach the caliper to the forks isn't completely tight. When you squeeze the front brake it centers the caliper in relation to the brake disc but, if they aren't tight, it goes out of alignment again.

This is also how you would fix this noise.
1. Loosen both bolts tying the caliper to the fork. Make sure the caliper can move freely(to ensure both bolts are loose and the caliper can be adjusted).
2. Squeeze the brake lever corresponding to the offending brake(the left one for the front brake).
3. While squeezing the brake lever, tighten both bolts that were loosened.
4. Stop squeezing the brake lever.
5. Hopefully, enjoy!

Hope this helps someone.

Hi everyone. I have attached a sound recording of some very loud noise coming from the front wheel assembly of my Aventon Aventure Ebike. It's brand new! Started happening after only 10 miles riding. I can't quite figure out what's causing the noise. The noise almost always happens when slowing down (regardless if I use the brake or not) Sometimes it will not make any noise at all, then other times quite often. I took the front fender off, and it seemed to greatly decrease the times this happens, but it STILL happens. If I tap on the front brake, it will stop for a short time. I am new to Ebikes. Can you help me out and listen to the noise recording I included, and tell me what you think it might be? Wheel bearing? DIsc brake or pads? Something else? Thank you sooo much!
Your pads are not aligned with your front disk, and are rubbing badly. Almost sounds like the wheel axle is slightly offset in the fork, in fact. I would remove the front wheel and re-install it to see if you can better center the disc between the pads and be extra sure that the axle is fully seated into the front fork dropouts and parallel with the ground.

Good luck!

I had the same problem, but not as bad from the factory. The No customer service reps at Aventon weren’t any help correcting the problem. Check your brake pads. It’s another bad quality control problem from Aventon

I had the same problem, but not as bad from the factory. The No customer service reps at Aventon weren’t any help correcting the problem. Check your brake pads. It’s another bad quality control problem from Aventon
For me it seemed that 1 caliper wasn’t retracting so 1 brake pad rubbed. It took me a lot of adjusting to get it better but 1 brake pad still rubs a little

It’s the front brakes rubbing the rotor and vibrating. You need to loosen the brake mount and align the caliper. Also make have a bent rotor. You can bend them straight pretty easily. Just clean with alcohol to get finger oils off before testing. There are plenty of videos on YouTube in how the adjust bike disc brakes and rotors.

Back