Aventon Aventure brand of battery cells...

EBikeUser1965

Local time
7:13 PM
Anybody knows what brand of cells we have here in this battery pack? Panasonic, Samsung or LG? yeah right!

It's funny how the Aventon Aventure page actually doesn't list this. It just says:
Removable Internal Lithium-ion 48V, 15Ah (720Wh)

According to a 3rd party review of the 2021 Aventon Aventure, it appears to have Samsung Cells:
Battery: Removable Internal Lithium-ion 48V, 15Ah (720Wh) with Samsung Cells
Reference: electricbikereport.com/aventon-aventure-review/

It's funny how the Aventon Aventure page actually doesn't list this. It just says:
Removable Internal Lithium-ion 48V, 15Ah (720Wh)

According to a 3rd party review of the 2021 Aventon Aventure, it appears to have Samsung Cells:
Battery: Removable Internal Lithium-ion 48V, 15Ah (720Wh) with Samsung Cells
Reference: electricbikereport.com/aventon-aventure-review/
I saw that as well in several online reviews before buying one. The bike I built up today, however, is significantly de-contented from the bikes in reviews about a year ago. Granted that Aventon does not specific brand and model of components in the tech specs section for the bike on its website, but the latest iteration version I am charging now did not use the same fork, derailleur or shifter as those in reviews from last year. This bike has cheaper no-name or white box components. Blame it on the current inflation and wanting to stay at the $2k price level, or supply chain shortage, or both, but (1) it's disappointing when you expect low end Shimano and get low end nameless, and (2) just because the bikes a year ago were using quality cells does not necessarily mean those shipping today are using the same cells. Cells choice would be a great place for a manufacturer to cut its costs and pad its margins.

Back