Aventon Aventure Battery Lock

swshana

Local time
8:52 AM
My Aventon Aventure battery lock doesn't work. It's worked in the past, but not now. Neither the primary of backup key will turn in the lock. I used WD40, but still no luck. I recently purchased a second battery from Aventon, but can't use it because I can't remove the original battery.

I reported my problem to Aventon tech support 10 days ago, and promptly received an email saying they will get back to me in 1-2 business days. I've been waiting now for nearly two weeks, without a reply. I've sent follow-up emails, but absolutely nothing from Aventon. I've checked my spam folder, but no email from Aventon. I'm extremely disappointed in this company!!!! I will never buy from them again.

The folks at Aventon Support finally contacted me about the problem I've been having with my battery lock. The lock is under warranty, so they ordered a new lock assembly and key set. When it arrives, I will use it to replace the broken lock.

My Aventon Aventure battery lock doesn't work. It's worked in the past, but not now. Neither the primary of backup key will turn in the lock. I used WD40, but still no luck. I recently purchased a second battery from Aventon, but can't use it because I can't remove the original battery.

I reported my problem to Aventon tech support 10 days ago, and promptly received an email saying they will get back to me in 1-2 business days. I've been waiting now for nearly two weeks, without a reply. I've sent follow-up emails, but absolutely nothing from Aventon. I've checked my spam folder, but no email from Aventon. I'm extremely disappointed in this company!!!! I will never buy from them again.
Start asking them at least once a day and tell them you are reporting their response on this forum and others.

The folks at Aventon Support finally contacted me about the problem I've been having with my battery lock. The lock is under warranty, so they ordered a new lock assembly and key set. When it arrives, I will use it to replace the broken lock.
Are you going to be able to replace the lock without removing the battery?

There are three screws on the underside of the downtube that secure the top plate containing the locking mechanism. I had to remove that plate when I had to replace the front light and run the wiring. I had already removed the battery when I did this.

if you remove those screws, you should be able to push the lock mechanism up so it is not holding the battery in place and it can be removed. The downside is that it might be difficult to get those screws back in place if the battery does not come loose. It might be safer to start with loosening one screw and then removing the other two, one at a time, while wiggling at the lock to see if it stars to move. There should be plenty of space above the top plate for it to be pushed out of the way.

Back