Aventon Aventure 45 miles on a charge

TonyT

Local time
11:40 AM
I went for my longest ride and did 28 miles with pedal assist at 5 traveling 20 MPH. When I got home battery level was showing 32% but when I stopped it died and went to 3%. How far should you be able to travel in each of the pedal assist modes? Right now I do not believe the advertised distance.

I went for my longest ride and did 28 miles with pedal assist at 5 traveling 20 MPH. When I got home battery level was showing 32% but when I stopped it died and went to 3%. How far should you be able to travel in each of the pedal assist modes? Right now I do not believe the advertised distance.
Check out page 22 of the User Manual

Next to using throttle only, using pedal assist five and traveling 20 miles an hour probably uses the most energy from the battery. Actually 28 miles is not bad.

It's hard to answer your question about mileage from the battery without knowing things like rider weight, tire pressure and terrain.

If I use PAS 5 my bike goes to 33.1 mph

Next to using throttle only, using pedal assist five and traveling 20 miles an hour probably uses the most energy from the battery. Actually 28 miles is not bad.

It's hard to answer your question about mileage from the battery without knowing things like rider weight, tire pressure and terrain.
Thanks for answer, I weigh 225 pounds so I expect to be limited by this but thought I would do better with a fairly heavy pedal assist. Totally flat road on tarmac, one small bridge over highway and a slight headwind on the way home. Tire pressure at 30 pounds.

Thanks but that was not the question
Maybe was not the answer you were looking for but I have the same ebike as you and I CAN NOT use PAS 5 and travel at 20mph. PAS 5 is to ride the my bike past 30mph; The pedal sensor sends info to the battery and sends too much power to the wheel and goes too fast. I don't know if you have installed the Aventon app and if you have modifed the maximum speed.

Maybe was not the answer you were looking for but I have the same ebike as you and I CAN NOT use PAS 5 and travel at 20mph. PAS 5 is to ride the my bike past 30mph; The pedal sensor sends info to the battery and sends too much power to the wheel and goes too fast. I don't know if you have installed the Aventon app and if you have modifed the maximum speed.
The pedal sensor that you referred to is a cadence sensor which records the revolutions of the pedal crank. That information is sent to the controller, not the battery and that determines a predetermined speed that the bike will run up to before cutting out.

Some E bikes have the ability by using the display to reprogram some of the parameters that are used in the pedal assist mode My bike for instants, I can tell how many pedal assist modes there are from 0 to 3 all the way up to 0 to 9. Each of those modes can be programmed to provide a percentage of motor power for each setting.

Back