Anyone update Mahle x35 firmware themselves?

Nappy

Local time
2:27 PM
So, I just got a battery error (193) on my bike with a Mahle x35 system.

the firmware fixes the error, but the closest dealer is 3 hours away.

anyone updated their x35 system with the now available Mahle GCU cable?

thanks!

IMG_0060.png

Before updating

I bought the cable and updated the firmware.

At first, it was only the joystick that got updated, as the light was blinking red/green, indicating some updates were made, and some weren't. The directions from Maple says, if this happens, to run the updater again.

I did that, and it updated the 2 other components. The battery is now 4B, which I believe is the latest.

The flashing pink light issues is gone (over charge protection fault).

All is good now!

I unzipped ONLY the x35 firmware files and as the instructions are very clear that ONLY the unzipped files should be on the root of the USB stick.

Updated.

The flash then created an extra file in the USB stick - the log file.

So I formatted the USB stick again, copied the original unzipped files again, and then flashed again.

Not tried it that way. Always reflashed with the Log file on the stick. Have sent the Log file to Mahle but no response as yet.

I've had the Mahle x35 error 193 for a year now. In Germany it is not possible for retailers to buy the update cable as a private individual, and certainly not the software with the dongle. Here you have to be a certified dealer. I doubt whether these are nappy and co in the chat. This seems like a fake threed to me. Mahle does not respond to support requests with error 193 and certainly does not make the software available for private use. Maybe just read the reviews of the mahle app.

This is certainly not a fake thread and Mahle did respond to the log file that i sent them. They were brilliant to be honest.

I've had the Mahle x35 error 193 for a year now. In Germany it is not possible for retailers to buy the update cable as a private individual, and certainly not the software with the dongle. Here you have to be a certified dealer. I doubt whether these are nappy and co in the chat. This seems like a fake threed to me. Mahle does not respond to support requests with error 193 and certainly does not make the software available for private use. Maybe just read the reviews of the mahle app.
Yeah. Because things only exist when they’re in Germany.:rolleyes:

BTW. Here’s the fake receipt to the cable I never bought.

Attachments

• IMG_7013.jpeg
    IMG_7013.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 390
I updated my firmware today, but now the bike is blocked. the eVoc-light stays white and i cant turn it off.
I updated it tens of times now, but i always get a green-red-light at the end.
BTW i live in Switzerland and I ordered the cable in Germany....

a long press should always turn it off.

have you tried to clear (reformat) the USB stick and making sure ONLY the original firmware files are in USB?

mahle instructions was very explicit to me that only the original files should be in the USB. Even if you had a failed flash, the system will create a log file in the USB, which is technically an extra file.

i had the same flashing colors initially, which indicated some components were flashed, some were not. I cleared USB stick, reflashed and everything then flashed OK.

good luck!

Hey guys and girls, I'm new to Mahle and the ebike forum. I just got a Cannondal Neo SL and am reading up on firmware updates. Could anyone tell me what the benefits are of updating to the latest firmware, and what the latest version is? I'd really appreciate it

As of now:
Joustik FW: iM2EM121
Controller FW: 4107
Battery FW: 48

Cannondale NEO SL.png

Back