Anyone have any used Faraday Batteries?

sailor_eda

Local time
11:47 PM
Hi there,

I want to see if I can rebuild a faraday bike battery for a friend given that the they are so expensive as a last ditch effort to salvage his bike. Any faraday owners out there who have a spent faraday bike battery they are willing to sell? Happy to pay a reasonable price and shipping.

Thanks in advance.

I think all twelve of them are already completely used up.

Pretty much just a tube of cells, nothing real complex to rebuild.

Sorry, I don't have one, I meant all 12 that they sold.

Spot welder and some tin plated contacts and wire, IIRC the BMS was in the "handle"? but not sure.

I’ve been looking for someone to diagnose bad cells and replace them in my pack. I hope you’ll post If you find a solution. Thanks.

I have a friend with an expensive "tanked" faraday as well, so i'm curious to know if you make progress. May be a good example of the sunk cost logical falacy but he is hoping he can do something with it.

I don't know any details about the faraday bikes, but i've always wondered why not just yank the old batteries out of the top-tube, and strap on an after-marked downtube battery (and maybe wrap it in some sexy leather to keep that hipster look)?

Sorry, I don't have one, I meant all 12 that they sold.

Spot welder and some tin plated contacts and wire, IIRC the BMS was in the "handle"? but not sure.
no need to be a jerk. They sold a lot more than 12--those of us who bought and love these bikes got a raw deal when Faraday got bought out and the new owner (PON) decided to abandon the bike and just bought it to destroy their competition in the category. From what I understand the BMS is proprietary and that is what make it difficult/if no impossible to rebuild. Or at least that's what I was told by an e-bike battery rebuild company.

Hi there,

I want to see if I can rebuild a faraday bike battery for a friend given that the they are so expensive as a last ditch effort to salvage his bike. Any faraday owners out there who have a spent faraday bike battery they are willing to sell? Happy to pay a reasonable price and shipping.

Thanks in advance.
I have two of them I'm willing to sell. Make me an offer. Steve

no need to be a jerk. They sold a lot more than 12--those of us who bought and love these bikes got a raw deal when Faraday got bought out and the new owner (PON) decided to abandon the bike and just bought it to destroy their competition in the category. From what I understand the BMS is proprietary and that is what make it difficult/if no impossible to rebuild. Or at least that's what I was told by an e-bike battery rebuild company.
PON purchased it for a patent that was applied to making Santa Cruz E-Bikes

Back