Anyone have a BikTrix?

socialfilter

Local time
7:54 AM
I'm researching my next ebike and haven't seen any recent posts about this company or any models. I'm looking at the Stunner x6 atm but am also interested in hearing experiences with any model, the company itself, and especially customer support.
Tbh I've become a little obsessed with Ebikes recently and have read so much about so many brands/models/conversion kits I am more indecisive now than when I began. I just know that I will never buy an off the shelf ebike from a Chinese company again after dealing with Rattan these last months and reading all of the other horror stories. Thanks

I've got a Juggernaut Ultra Dou. I'm new to ebikes. I feel I can't form an honest opinion with only 2 weeks of experience. To date I'm satisfied.

I've got a Juggernaut Ultra Dou. I'm new to ebikes. I feel I can't form an honest opinion with only 2 weeks of experience. To date I'm satisfied.
Cool! Ive got a Rattan that's been a nightmare. They just sent a new battery and display so I'm hoping to get it working to do Door Dash so I can earn enough to buy a different brand. BikTrix & Magic cycle look pretty good for my price point but I don't believe reviews so hopefully I'll get some more replies to my post here. Happy you're enjoying yours. I may ask for an update from time to time if you don't mind.

The build seems quality, customer service response by email is within a day. I would have liked to receive a printed manual (old school dinosaur) but they have many video tutorials available. I'll use mine for cruising Missouri rural country roads to run errands and such. I'll try to remember to post updates as I use it more.

The build seems quality, customer service response by email is within a day. I would have liked to receive a printed manual (old school dinosaur) but they have many video tutorials available. I'll use mine for cruising Missouri rural country roads to run errands and such. I'll try to remember to post updates as I use it more.
Good customer service is very important imo. Thanks

I'm researching my next ebike and haven't seen any recent posts about this company or any models. I'm looking at the Stunner x6 atm but am also interested in hearing experiences with any model, the company itself, and especially customer support.
Tbh I've become a little obsessed with Ebikes recently and have read so much about so many brands/models/conversion kits I am more indecisive now than when I began. I just know that I will never buy an off the shelf ebike from a Chinese company again after dealing with Rattan these last months and reading all of the other horror stories. Thanks
I hope you realize nearly all e bikes on the market today have their origin in China. Some of the "name brand" like Trek come from Taiwan with large price tags.

As for customer service, from all that I have read and observed the majority of the Chinese bikes are imported by different groups that really have very little infrastructure other than warehousing and shipping. Some have China based companies other than the actual MFG that attempt to cover customer service but most fail.

Even the few LBS that sell these bikes have issues getting parts and support from these companies. This market is growing very fast and because of that we are seeing people putting $ together and ordering containers of e bikes to make quick bucks. I'm sure over time some will stay around but there will be a lot of shakout in the next year or two.

My advice to those that are mechanically inclined to stay away from these new companies hitting the market. Even some of better know brands do not offer real repair services for bikes under warranty, the may send replacement parts but the owner is expected in install them at their own costs. So basically they are offering parts only warranties but not making that clear to the purchasers.

Also be sure not to by a bike with propiritory designs for their batteries, as you may not be able to find repairs or replacements if necessary.

I had dealings with Biktrix a few years ago. At that time they were also selling Tongshen motors for DYI ers. I spoke to the owner a couple times regarding some questions I had. At that time they were fairly good to deal with but I have not purchased a complete bike from them. But they have been in business for a few years now. Hoggdoc is right when he says most of these bikes come from China. Often they are pretty good especially if your dealing with a seller thats managed to stay in business for an extended time. But good luck fixing any serious issues.
I have some first hand experience with this having built and owning quite a few e bike conversions. I spent probably a good 10 hours helping one fellow try to repair a bike he had bought that needed "a little work". My city of over 1 million has not got even 1 person who is willing and trained to repair these generic Chinese bikes.

I hope you realize nearly all e bikes on the market today have their origin in China. Some of the "name brand" like Trek come from Taiwan with large price tags.

As for customer service, from all that I have read and observed the majority of the Chinese bikes are imported by different groups that really have very little infrastructure other than warehousing and shipping. Some have China based companies other than the actual MFG that attempt to cover customer service but most fail.

Even the few LBS that sell these bikes have issues getting parts and support from these companies. This market is growing very fast and because of that we are seeing people putting $ together and ordering containers of e bikes to make quick bucks. I'm sure over time some will stay around but there will be a lot of shakout in the next year or two.

My advice to those that are mechanically inclined to stay away from these new companies hitting the market. Even some of better know brands do not offer real repair services for bikes under warranty, the may send replacement parts but the owner is expected in install them at their own costs. So basically they are offering parts only warranties but not making that clear to the purchasers.

Also be sure not to by a bike with propiritory designs for their batteries, as you may not be able to find repairs or replacements if necessary.
I agree completely. There's a definite glut in the market atm, seems to be a new brand every day. I think, like you, eventually the companies that actually put a little time into designing half way decent bikes and honor warranties etc. will stick around. I bought a Rattan and they actually had a customer service number that was disconnected! Supply chain and language barriers
I had dealings with Biktrix a few years ago. At that time they were also selling Tongshen motors for DYI ers. I spoke to the owner a couple times regarding some questions I had. At that time they were fairly good to deal with but I have not purchased a complete bike from them. But they have been in business for a few years now. Hoggdoc is right when he says most of these bikes come from China. Often they are pretty good especially if your dealing with a seller thats managed to stay in business for an extended time. But good luck fixing any serious issues.
I have some first hand experience with this having built and owning quite a few e bike conversions. I spent probably a good 10 hours helping one fellow try to repair a bike he had bought that needed "a little work". My city of over 1 million has not got even 1 person who is willing and trained to repair these generic Chinese bikes.
I've never done anything to a bike except fix flats so I've been watching a ton of videos. I managed to fix my rotor and align my brake pads so far but then it died. Just got a new battery and display. I'm a little nervous about the display there's miles of wires wrapped all over the place

I bought a Juggernaut Ultra Duo with a step-thru frame, from Biktrix in Canada. Unfortunately the mid-drive motor's torque sensor recently failed with less than 300 miles on the bike. Problem is that it began showing signs of failing while under warranty and the courtesy parts sent to me to fix the supposed problem did not work. It was an issue which the torque sensor inside the motor would work intermittently and then it finally failed when it was conveniently out of warranty. Bottom line is I'll now wind up paying over $500 to have it fixed. Between the cost of a "local" bike shop which is over an hour away to just remove the motor. Bring it all home, take all kinds of photos for their complicated RMA, box it properly and send it to Biktrix to pay them to fix it at a "discounted price" Then pay to have it shipped back to me again to have the local bike shop reinstalled it at $125 hr. Not to mention having to transport a beast of a bike weighing nearly a 100 lbs 4 x back and forth to get all this done because of the local bike shop's lack of room to store it for me while waiting on the motors return. Moral of the story? Consider buying a bike from a local dealer with at least a 2 year pro-rated warranty for unexpected expensive parts failing after a year. Or take very costly chances like I did... Good Luck!

I bought a Juggernaut Ultra Duo with a step-thru frame, from Biktrix in Canada. Unfortunately the mid-drive motor's torque sensor recently failed with less than 300 miles on the bike. Problem is that it began showing signs of failing while under warranty and the courtesy parts sent to me to fix the supposed problem did not work. It was an issue which the torque sensor inside the motor would work intermittently and then it finally failed when it was conveniently out of warranty. Bottom line is I'll now wind up paying over $500 to have it fixed. Between the cost of a "local" bike shop which is over an hour away to just remove the motor. Bring it all home, take all kinds of photos for their complicated RMA, box it properly and send it to Biktrix to pay them to fix it at a "discounted price" Then pay to have it shipped back to me again to have the local bike shop reinstalled it at $125 hr. Not to mention having to transport a beast of a bike weighing nearly a 100 lbs 4 x back and forth to get all this done because of the local bike shop's lack of room to store it for me while waiting on the motors return. Moral of the story? Consider buying a bike from a local dealer with at least a 2 year pro-rated warranty for unexpected expensive parts failing after a year. Or take very costly chances like I did... Good Luck!
Welcome to our Humble Home! :cool:

Have ya got yur bike goin yet mate?
Thanks for asking. I finally got a new display and battery but have some health issues pop up that have precluded me from changing them out and riding yet. It's been cold as hell here anyway so it's looking like Spring now. I do need to at least get that stuff installed though just to make sure it works in case I have another 90 day nightmare dealing with Rattan customer support. One thing I noticed is that the battery came with a key that doesn't fit my old battery. They used to be universal, at least they fit all 3 of the other batteries I tried them on. I'm trying to find a blank to get some new ones cut since they cost $20 and take months for them to mail them

I own three Biktrix ebikes. I purchased two Juggernaut Hub Duos in August 2022 for my wife and I, and I just recently purchased a Juggernaut FS Pro 3 for myself. I've got over 1100 miles on my Hub Duo, no issues. Only about 50 miles on this FS Pro 3 (it arrived this week) and so far it's been great too. It was noisier than I expected on the first ride, but quieted down considerably by the second ride, I suspect the gears were just finding their groove.

On the occasions where I've had questions I've found Biktrix to be very accessible and fast to respond, their tech support responds within hours or next business day, and I've had questions answered within minutes by their CEO directly on their FB group page. I did have an issue where one of the batteries stopped accepting a charge about two months after getting it, I sent it back, they found and fixed a pinched wire, and sent it back for free.

I'm very happy with my Biktrix ebike and the experience of working with them. That's why I purchased a third ebike from them 7-months after buying the first two. I have zero hesitation about recommending them, particularly if you are looking for a long range dual battery bike, which is what they specialize in.

Chinese bikes . Even the bikes from so. Calif ,Utah, Pennsylvania state they are made in the usa are mainly Chinese origin. I have had great service from my first ebike purchase (wtva) always got a response within 2 hours.Now my ariel rider response time might be 7 days .

Just like you’ve got a Chinese phone, computer, toaster, and just about anything else you can think of. So while Biktrix sources major components like motors and batteries from China, they are coming from reputable brands that are well supported and Biktrix has an outstanding support team. I have zero hesitation recommending BikTrix as a top brand.

I'll limit my response to the mid drives they sell with the Sturmer Archer hub, but expand later. Sturmey Archer has stated that they are not to be used in power apps, and Biktrix knows that. But at least until a month or so ago, they continued to sell them.

My Biktrix Stunner came so equipped and had an infant transmission failure. It was fixed under warranty, and the Biktrix rep told me that it was unusual. But the clicks and skips on the replacement never really went away. I thought it was my fault, and adjusted it constantly. Finally, it cratered. That's when I researched and found the Sturmey Archer warning. I showed it to Biktrix - crickets. I replaced my SA hub with with an e bike rated Shimano 5 speed and it has been night and day. Silent, dependable, and I swear it has much less rolling resistance, I am getting careless on checking adjustment because it never seems to need it.

IMO, Biktrix's ethical failing here makes me recommend that nobody ever buy one.

Last summer, I was drawn to the Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Duo 3, expecting a high-quality e-bike and excellent customer service from a Canadian company. However, this turned into a lengthy ordeal of frustration and unnecessary expenses. Soon after purchase, the bike began showing problems with odd noises and reduced efficiency. Believing in the warranty, I contacted Biktrix customer service before the warranty expired, hoping for quick support. Instead, I faced a complex, time-consuming process.

The company’s response involved lengthy email communications and sending me through various troubleshooting steps, which included disassembling the bike and sending the motor back at my own cost. The repair efforts were inadequate, failing to fix the core issues and leaving me with a malfunctioning bike and additional costs.

Biktrix then asked me to pay to have them ship another motor, which was difficult to install and required special tools and guidance, contradicting their initial claims of easy maintenance. And the second motor also doesn’t work! The local bike repair shops found the bike and the company difficult and disappointing.

After eight months of back-and-forth e-mail communication and efforts to find a resolution, the experience has been overwhelmingly negative—financially, emotionally, and time-wise. Despite the clear warranty coverage, Biktrix has refused to offer a refund or a satisfactory solution, leaving me with a faulty product and deep regret.

I strongly advise against purchasing from Biktrix. Their appealing product promises are overshadowed by poor quality and customer service. Consider other, more reliable e-bike options to avoid similar headaches. This is a cautionary tale to avoid Biktrix and save yourself the trouble.

I bought my Stunner, 750 watt mid drive, with the Sturmey Archer 5 speed IGH 5 years ago. The hub acted up quickly, but Biktrix paid for a local shop to replace. The hub has been my only problem. The replacement never worked well and finally cratered. In spite of what Biktrix told me 5 years ago, the SA hub is NOT e bike rated - SA says so - but I think Biktrix still sells mid drive bikes with it. That alone is enough for me to wave folks off of them.

I replaced my hub with an e bike rated Shimano Nexus 5 speed IGH. It rides like a dream now.

My $0.02. I got good service 5 years ago because the wanted to sell a bad equipment combination and I was an early adopter. You're getting bad service because they are in trouble and don't care about their brand any more. I share your advice.

Back