Anyone have a BikTrix?

Last summer, I was drawn to the Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Duo 3, expecting a high-quality e-bike and excellent customer service from a Canadian company. However, this turned into a lengthy ordeal of frustration and unnecessary expenses. Soon after purchase, the bike began showing problems with odd noises and reduced efficiency. Believing in the warranty, I contacted Biktrix customer service before the warranty expired, hoping for quick support. Instead, I faced a complex, time-consuming process.

The company’s response involved lengthy email communications and sending me through various troubleshooting steps, which included disassembling the bike and sending the motor back at my own cost. The repair efforts were inadequate, failing to fix the core issues and leaving me with a malfunctioning bike and additional costs.

Biktrix then asked me to pay to have them ship another motor, which was difficult to install and required special tools and guidance, contradicting their initial claims of easy maintenance. And the second motor also doesn’t work! The local bike repair shops found the bike and the company difficult and disappointing.

After eight months of back-and-forth e-mail communication and efforts to find a resolution, the experience has been overwhelmingly negative—financially, emotionally, and time-wise. Despite the clear warranty coverage, Biktrix has refused to offer a refund or a satisfactory solution, leaving me with a faulty product and deep regret.

I strongly advise against purchasing from Biktrix. Their appealing product promises are overshadowed by poor quality and customer service. Consider other, more reliable e-bike options to avoid similar headaches. This is a cautionary tale to avoid Biktrix and save yourself the trouble.
Wow, I read your post and it sounds like the similar Twighlight Zone issues I have with mine. I also have a Juggernaut Ultra Duo step-thru, and had similar problems soon after it's delivery a few years ago...
It has been nothing but a nightmare and the bike has now been in three different ebike shops in the Chicago area. The last shop has been since September 2023 and the mechanic still cannot figure out why it has now quit working altogether.
Initially, when it was under warranty, Biktrix just sent me a throttle, display, and suggested I move the speed sensor out. All that after a long video chat and a lot of waiting for these useless parts which solved nothing. Then Tej, a technician at Biktrix, on another rediculous video chat, suggested to me to have my motor professionally removed and shipped to Biktrix. Obviously at my expense. After the motor was supposedly fixed and sent back, I had it reinstalled by the ebike shop that removed it. After receiving the bike from the shop with the rebuilt motor installed, it again started shutting down at any given moment. Then it would start up again using the power button, but would do it again and again. This bill alone cost me well over $500 by the time I got the motor back and had it reinstalled with shipping and labor. And all for nothing! The shutting down got worse until it finally quit altogether. So here I am again waiting on another shop to fix it, to get it back, and to hopefully enjoy it. Hopefully, they can figure out what was really wrong with it to begin with. I've have so much money wasted on it now, it's stupid. Roshan Thomas, the owner of Biktrix, had every opportunity to make this right a very long time ago.... Yet when he had the chance to help, all he tried to do was embarrass me with his ridiculous and defensive reply to my honest and well-deserved negative review. His only concern was to make it look like my operation of the bike was the problem, not his faulty products. He was extremely ugly about it with a list of false claims on "how he did so much to help me"
Roshan should have just sent me a new bike and taken the faulty one back all at their expense before the warranty expired.
So here I am thousands of dollars later with a heavy piece of junk that's basically a huge paperweight!
I am empathetic and grateful for your post. At least you don't have to feel like you're the only one who has had terrible customer service from Biktrix. I honestly wanted to love my bike like you did, and I would have given Biktrix the best review they ever had if they would have just replaced or honestly fixed it. Unfortunately they are a horrible complany with terrible support, and will do everything they can to throw a good customer under a bus. I am truly sorry for your misfortune, but you are not alone here. If anyone reading this is considering buying from Biktrix, run as fast as you can!
You are much better off purchasing from a ebike shop close to where you live. I would like to hear what you hopefully discover about your bike's particular issue and that you finally get it resolved. When mine is discovered, I plan to send my findings to Biktrix along with the bill. Not that it will ever matter to them, but now it's just principle. If I have to, I swear I'll drive it to him and tell him where he can put it!
Good luck friend!

Chinese bikes . Even the bikes from so. Calif ,Utah, Pennsylvania state they are made in the usa are mainly Chinese origin. I have had great service from my first ebike purchase (wtva) always got a response within 2 hours.Now my ariel rider response time might be 7 days .
My experience with Ariel was similar to yours, except worse. My bike arrived in the box doa. Wouldn’t start. Customer service sent parts, but it was up to me to get them installed. Had questions later. Took a long time to get any response.
The bike is ok but I would not recommend the company.

Last summer, I was drawn to the Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Duo 3, expecting a high-quality e-bike and excellent customer service from a Canadian company. However, this turned into a lengthy ordeal of frustration and unnecessary expenses. Soon after purchase, the bike began showing problems with odd noises and reduced efficiency. Believing in the warranty, I contacted Biktrix customer service before the warranty expired, hoping for quick support. Instead, I faced a complex, time-consuming process.

The company’s response involved lengthy email communications and sending me through various troubleshooting steps, which included disassembling the bike and sending the motor back at my own cost. The repair efforts were inadequate, failing to fix the core issues and leaving me with a malfunctioning bike and additional costs.

Biktrix then asked me to pay to have them ship another motor, which was difficult to install and required special tools and guidance, contradicting their initial claims of easy maintenance. And the second motor also doesn’t work! The local bike repair shops found the bike and the company difficult and disappointing.

After eight months of back-and-forth e-mail communication and efforts to find a resolution, the experience has been overwhelmingly negative—financially, emotionally, and time-wise. Despite the clear warranty coverage, Biktrix has refused to offer a refund or a satisfactory solution, leaving me with a faulty product and deep regret.

I strongly advise against purchasing from Biktrix. Their appealing product promises are overshadowed by poor quality and customer service. Consider other, more reliable e-bike options to avoid similar headaches. This is a cautionary tale to avoid Biktrix and save yourself the trouble.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! I too assumed buying from a Canadian company would be a safer bet but now I'm not so sure. Is the Juggernaut the 2300 Watt mid drive? That's the model that caught my eye. I've heard a ton more horror stories about ebike customer service than positive experiences and originally I thought it was just because ppl tend to post about negatives more than positives but the ratio is a long the lines of 25 negative stories to every positive one so idk. Hopefully with the growing popularity things will get better. As things are atm one of the best deals I've found, in my area at least, is buying an EBC bike from a local shop. The owner gave me a one year warranty in addition to EBC's which includes mobile maintenance. He has a ton of EBC parts in stock, as well as several other brands, and gets a discount which he passes on to his customers. I got the electronics package with the alarm and all the other stuff for $100 I think it's $399 on the EBC site

My experience with Ariel was similar to yours, except worse. My bike arrived in the box doa. Wouldn’t start. Customer service sent parts, but it was up to me to get them installed. Had questions later. Took a long time to get any response.
The bike is ok but I would not recommend the company.
Why was it up to you to install? Did you buy an open box bike? Have the warranties changed?

I have another reason for not trusting Biktrix, but have gone thru it several times, so not now. But 5 years ago I had an infant IGH failure and they sent a replacement and paid a good local shop to install it. But since I think other folks have had more recent experiences like yours, it appears that they are now just slapping together oriental parts and shipping whatever. Apparently, it's a common e bike problem any more.

We've bought 2 e bikes thru the mail. My problems are sorted, and my wife's Evelo Aurora with the Enviolo auto trans runs very reliably. But my brother's bought theirs locally (recently) and I think that's the better choice, post pandemic.

Back