Anyone have Tonsheng TSDZ2 creaking sounds?

iwilljumpoffabridge

Local time
8:36 AM
I got creaking sounds coming from the vicinity of the motor when I pedal. I got almost 300 miles on it. All bolts are tight, nothing dangles, so no idea. Anyone who has this motor noticed this? It rides well, I just don't know if it's normal or not. It's not loud, you can hear it only on a quiet road.

Also after how many miles I should inspect it?

I have a BBS01 and a TSDZ2. The TSDZ2 is a lot louder. Unpleasant in comparison. Having the motor attached to a frame will change the noise profile. My motor sounds a little unbalanced, so depending on the RPM it can get some interesting resonant noise (eg. 34-35V battery voltage). Perhaps this is what yours is doing? I put up with the noise because the motor is a lot more useful to me with torque detection and power at higher RPMs.

Here's a video of the same motor running using the original firmware with low voltage.

Note it is working hard, the rider is climbing a grass hill which is pretty steep, with 45kg of bike and 25kg cargo. The rider spins out near the end on the path to show the overrun noise and he stops and starts peddling a few times to show that noise too.

I have a BBS01 and a TSDZ2. The TSDZ2 is a lot louder. Unpleasant in comparison. Having the motor attached to a frame will change the noise profile. My motor sounds a little unbalanced, so depending on the RPM it can get some interesting resonant noise (eg. 34-35V battery voltage). Perhaps this is what yours is doing? I put up with the noise because the motor is a lot more useful to me with torque detection and power at higher RPMs.

Here's a video of the same motor running using the original firmware with low voltage.

Note it is working hard, the rider is climbing a grass hill which is pretty steep, with 45kg of bike and 25kg cargo. The rider spins out near the end on the path to show the overrun noise and he stops and starts peddling a few times to show that noise too.
Your must be powerful, mine is 250W. The noise of the gears is audible but not unpleasant. I actually have creaking sounds and ONLY when pedalling. Like something is rubbing against something but I don't know how to check, all bolts are tight, nothing moves. The noises are coming either from the inside of the motor(although it sounds like outside), or from the motor rubbing against the frame but nothing moves, or... it could be the chain. I guess I might check the chain see if it's stretched but would a stretched chain give away creaking sounds?

I got creaking sounds coming from the vicinity of the motor when I pedal. I got almost 300 miles on it. All bolts are tight, nothing dangles, so no idea. Anyone who has this motor noticed this? It rides well, I just don't know if it's normal or not. It's not loud, you can hear it only on a quiet road.

Also after how many miles I should inspect it?
Ok, this thread is 2 years old...

My creaking issue turned out to be from my erroneously greasing the square-taper cranks after a prior disassembly/reassembly.

Sounded to me like my frame was cracked.

Pulled the cranks, cleaned/degreased cranks and posts thoroughly, and the creaking stopped.

Problem solved.

Back