Anyone ever used a battery from DHGate.com for an Aventon Pace 500?

GibbyTheMole

Local time
12:13 PM
Looking at the original Aventon Pace 500 (gen 1 model) battery, they're pricey at $500 USD. I found some Reention Dorado 48v batteries supposedly for the Pace 500 at DHGate.com for around $330, which is MUCH more reasonable. These supposedly have Samsung, Panasonic or LG cells. Has anyone here ever used one of these aftermarket (and less expensive) batteries in a Pace 500?

Also, these don't have a functioning power switch. Since you enable & disable the bike with the menu button on the display anyway, I don't know if that's anything I should be concerned about. Would the battery continue to drain with the menu shut down?

Here's a link to one of the batteries: https://www.dhgate.com/product/aven...7_5|ER-B|newes|7_5.#s1-1-1;searl|3620866925:2

Gibby, did you ever get any info on after market battery? I would like to get a spare for my new Aventon Level; but, not at $500.
Good luck
Jack

Gibby, did you ever get any info on after market battery? I would like to get a spare for my new Aventon Level; but, not at $500.
Good luck
Jack

The new Aventons (second generation) have their batteries integrated into the frame, so you would probably have to buy from the manufacturer or it probably would not fit.

I don’t think I would trust a third party battery anyway, but that’s just me. I tend to be over cautious.

The new Aventons (second generation) have their batteries integrated into the frame, so you would probably have to buy from the manufacturer or it probably would not fit.

I don’t think I would trust a third party battery anyway, but that’s just me. I tend to be over cautious.
Makes sense. Thanks for response; new at this game.

Jenny from Aijiu Battery tells me the 1st gen Pace 500 takes the Reention Dorado L440 battery. They have a new 20ah model which would be a big improvement over the original 11.6 ah battery for $600 with free shipping. It uses Samsung 21600 cells. From what I've read Aijiu makes a quality battery.

Jenny is good peeps :)
She will make to your specs, like if you want that battery with 30ah, she'll do it :)

I've spoke with her and she is a very nice person.

Attachments

• Capture Aijiu Power Cannot be Reached.JPG
    Capture Aijiu Power Cannot be Reached.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 137
Is this what you’re looking for?

Got it. Thanks. I checked their website a bit. I'll try and keep them in mind if I ever need another battery. I already bought a spare 48V x 20Ah for my TRINX and two batteries for my Himiway Cruiser ( a 52V x 17.5Ah and a 52V x 20Ah) so I'm probably full up on batteries for a while.

Attachments

• Capture 52V x 17.5Ah Plug&Play Battery.JPG
    Capture 52V x 17.5Ah Plug&Play Battery.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Capture 52V x 20Ah Battery.JPG
    Capture 52V x 20Ah Battery.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 141
  • AliExpress Hailong Trinx Battery Options.JPG
    AliExpress Hailong Trinx Battery Options.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 144
If ya'll want to see about the batteries it is best to contact Jenny by email.

Tom on the other forums has been talking with Jenny for a good while now and has got a couple batts off her with awesome results, according to him.

He'd be good to speak to about what she does/can do as far as building a battery.

This is the place where the bike companies purchase their batteries. In reality this is first person and when you buy your bike you are in essence buy the battery from a third party at almost twice the price....cheers

Back