Any tricks to mounting and dismounting Xp.20 for seniors who are not very flexible?

Jammo7

Local time
4:16 PM
I had a minor mishap after riding my Lectric XP 2.0. It‘s not a step thru. I have no problem getting on and starting out and riding but find it difficult to dismount. I have the seat height where I want it and I am thinking of just lowering the seat when I have finished the ride. Any one else have a solution?

I couldn't buy the Aventon Level large size with a step-through so I mount/dismount by laying bike over holding highest grip and then step off. Basically laying bike on it's side on the ground and then step over/off and pull bike back upright. For me, old, fat and cripple is a bad combination after being bullet proof all those years. :cautious:

Thanks FyingJack. I also know about being bullet proof all those years and now pay for it. When I had my mishap I was laying the bike down and trying to step over at the same time caught my foot on the seat and bam on the pavers and tile curb. Few scratches but nothing serious. Anyway I think Ill try a combo of both dropping the seat and then won’t have to lay it down so far. It’s no biggie to put the seat back up for the next ride. Thanks and keep on riding.

I installed dropper posts on both my bikes for this very reason. I still have a bit of difficulty at times, both mounting and dismounting. I also wear lycra tights, not loose clothing, which can snag on the seat. Also a senior, at 71.

Dropper post and nose less saddle (Spider) and lean the bike. Come to a complete stop then slide off forward to plant a foot. Then lean the bike to bring your leg over. My bike's top tube is the same as my inseam, so I have to get it right.

Have you tried stopping next to a curb and using the curb to step off the bike? If you get on and off the bike on the curb side, it should be a shorter distance.

This is what I do wherever possible, and I keep a large cinderblock at the side of my driveway for easy at-home mounting and dismounting.

I have tried several of those suggestions and thanks for all the reply’s. I have a step that works well and the curb when handy certainly helps. I have a Pacifica van and lean against it just for backup if needed and lay ithe bike down a bit I haven’t had any further mishaps and am comfortable stopping and starting with no aids just takes a little time in the saddle. I’m still trying out different seats and have a Cloud nine select on it now, which is very comfortable peddling or just cruising on cruise control, seems to have a lot of relief in the sensitive areas. I am trying out the Giddy up XL today and will report on comfort levels. I need to raise the seat height a little more but have been pretty comfortable after turning the handlebars around and having them a bit higher. Puts my backside weight further towards the rear and just feels more comfortable with the Cloud 9. Also put a usb charged horn/bell, does all kinds of sounds, on it. Not much room on bars. Amazon has been here a lot lately.

There is a lady in my town that has one of those toilet stool things to stand on for kids? on her rear rack..ya can hardly notice it...

She is like 4' 7" an i seen her literally hold onto a telephone pole while reaching for the stool then using it to get off her ebike.

Keep up the positivity @Jammo7 ;)

Thanks Human person and your “Santa’s Little Helper” monicker I have several things on my list in case you’re flying over Venice.

Thanks Human person and your “Santa’s Little Helper” monicker I have several things on my list in case you’re flying over Venice.
Leave the note on the dining table and we'll see ;)

santa_claus_by_aeonoel-d4iur6q-2376307902.jpg

I have tried several of those suggestions and thanks for all the reply’s. I have a step that works well and the curb when handy certainly helps. I have a Pacifica van and lean against it just for backup if needed and lay ithe bike down a bit I haven’t had any further mishaps and am comfortable stopping and starting with no aids just takes a little time in the saddle. I’m still trying out different seats and have a Cloud nine select on it now, which is very comfortable peddling or just cruising on cruise control, seems to have a lot of relief in the sensitive areas. I am trying out the Giddy up XL today and will report on comfort levels. I need to raise the seat height a little more but have been pretty comfortable after turning the handlebars around and having them a bit higher. Puts my backside weight further towards the rear and just feels more comfortable with the Cloud 9. Also put a usb charged horn/bell, does all kinds of sounds, on it. Not much room on bars. Amazon has been here a lot lately.
As a 68 year old X2 Enduro owner the "Dropper post" is a must for safe riding, mounting and dis-mounting. If you must depend on a "curb" "BRICK/stool" "VAN" or any other elevated foot support you are an accident waiting to happen, and it will happen. When coming to a stop, hitting the dropper post lever before the brakes will put you in a comfortable position where both feet will touch the ground and total balance is attained before leaning the bike and bringing the leg over. Any other method will ultimately result in some confusion and a missed foot plant and then it is a gravity induced slam to the ground. Best case scenario is some road rash, worst case broken body parts. GET A DROPPER

Thanks Capt Kirk. Yes that is the best option. Tried it last time and works well. I was going to use that today when I try out the Giddyup XL seat because of its large size. Merry Christmas all

My pilot pals have had a few suggestions as you might imagine. Skyhook, net, chute, etc…etc.

Back