Any tricks to mounting and dismounting Xp.20 for seniors who are not very flexible?

I say that as I snicker to myself. I think it was the 2nd day I had my new fat folder, and came to a stop sign on a hill with traffic coming from both directions. As I was approaching this intersection my plan was to slow down and not stop, kinda like a California stop lol. Anyway that didn't work because there was just to much traffic. So I stopped on this hill and basically fell over very slow. Embarrassed but not hurt. Several cars did slow to see if I was alright. I had to laugh at my situation. They were probably laughing at the old long hair geezer on an ebike. To make a long story endless, I learned a lesson that day. Unless you can see both directions very clearly, Stop at the sign or light. Common sense I know, but we all do it from time to time.

I had a minor mishap after riding my Lectric XP 2.0. It‘s not a step thru. I have no problem getting on and starting out and riding but find it difficult to dismount. I have the seat height where I want it and I am thinking of just lowering the seat when I have finished the ride. Any one else have a solution?
Lean the bike towards you to lower the step over.

This is what I do wherever possible, and I keep a large cinderblock at the side of my driveway for easy at-home mounting and dismounting.
I used an upside down milk crate 55 years ago when I was riding my dad's bicycle being I was so short for that tall bike. Come to the dismounting procedure I had 50% success rate and the other half resulted in a fall. Not great when you were a kid to constantly be falling but very dangerous now as a senior. But this did bring back memories. I always put that milk crate in the grass yard so the ground wasn't too hard when I fell on it.

I had a minor mishap after riding my Lectric XP 2.0. It‘s not a step thru. I have no problem getting on and starting out and riding but find it difficult to dismount. I have the seat height where I want it and I am thinking of just lowering the seat when I have finished the ride. Any one else have a solution?
As an 84 year old [you probably find it hard to believe I can type let alone ride a bike] I find that the lay it down on its side technique set out below is the best. Cautionary note: be careful on which side you lay the bike. It is best NOT to lay it on the side where the derailleur is.
Also, bend your legs not your back, when laying or picking up the bike by the handlebars, as you straddle the bike frame.

I'm only 67 (and a half) so my approach might not work for OP. But I've mastered dismounting and mounting from the left pedal (similar to getting on/off a horse).

That is, when I'm ready to get off, I slow way down, stand on the left pedal and swing my right leg over, stepping down and squeezing the brakes simultaneously. Gotta lean the bike to the right as I'm legging over to avoid over-balancing to the left.

Mounting is the reverse: Stand on the left pedal, lean the bike away (to the right) hit the throttle (always, always, always in PA 1), swing over and go.

Back