Another New E-bike owner from San Francisco here

SFORAFF

Local time
6:18 AM
Hello all,

Not sure if I qualify as a new owner yet considering I just ordered the Ariel Grizzly last night and delivery is sometime in Feb. so the website says.
This was an impulse buy to get me out of the house more. Im 53 (230#) and with working from home since the onset of covid - I don't get out much so me and my dog have put on 35 Lbs between us. Not saying who gained more but this isn't good for either of us. I did purchase an electric scooter a couple years back, the Boosted Rev which I didn't ride much since its range was maybe 12 miles? It was good for in city transport or when you cant find parking close by and need to park far...
Long story short it didn't cut it and I'll be selling it I suppose to help fund this impulse bike.

Im hoping to get some exercise with the pedal assist and generally getting out and about again. I have a Motorcycle but you cant ride it on off-road trails or trails in general. My plan is to use Caltrain to get some distance and visit different trails around the Bay Area and even as my weekend transport while camping.

Lord please don't let this be another paperweight in my garage. Hoping to see some of you out on the road!

RA

Bafang BBSHD on your own bike. The battery will be around $500+ you might want more/higher AH with a 52v battery.
Like 52v 35 ah will get you alot of saddle time depending on how you use PAS and or...throttle.

I ride in PAS 1 on a BBSHD at around 16 to 20 mph and get over 60 miles on a battery charge, and dont even go down to 30% lol
So, it'll all come together when you decide what you want....Power......distance/range....

It's a fine line to have both.

Welcome and Ride Safe out there!! :cool:

HP

Bafang BBSHD on your own bike. The battery will be around $500+ you might want more/higher AH with a 52v battery.
Like 52v 35 ah will get you alot of saddle time depending on how you use PAS and or...throttle.

I ride in PAS 1 on a BBSHD at around 16 to 20 mph and get over 60 miles on a battery charge, and dont even go down to 30% lol
So, it'll all come together when you decide what you want....Power......distance/range....

It's a fine line to have both.

Welcome and Ride Safe out there!! :cool:

HP
I wonder why you suggested what you did. He stated he had just ordered a Grizzly that I believe has dual motors.

I wonder why you suggested what you did. He stated he had just ordered a Grizzly that I believe has dual motors.
Yes the Grizzly has dual 1000 watt motors with 2 batteries . 1 Bat 20ah and the 2nd 15ah. I believe HP was advising me switch my 15ah battery to a $500 32ah battery to get total 52ah thus more range... for $500 I might as well feed those twin 1000 Watt's with more juice.
The issue is each battery comes with its own Key for security purposes. Not sure if ALL Bafang batteries have keys and are swappable in the Grizzly?

Back