Aloha! from Pensacola, FL

CaptainRob

Local time
5:47 PM
I am a bicycle commuter (pedal-only) and considering an e-bike. I have local bike shops, and starting my research. Price and dependability/service are most important.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of experience on this forum please feel free to ask questions. I would suggest you learn as much as you can about e-bikes and the various technology used before making a choice. It's a real mind field out there with new sellers joining the market everyday.

There seems to be no guarantee that even expensive "name brand" e-bikes sold at local bike shops will be all that you pay for. I sure being in Hawaii will make it even more difficult do to limited choices of where to shop.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of experience on this forum please feel free to ask questions. I would suggest you learn as much as you can about e-bikes and the various technology used before making a choice. It's a real mind field out there with new sellers joining the market everyday.

There seems to be no guarantee that even expensive "name brand" e-bikes sold at local bike shops will be all that you pay for. I sure being in Hawaii will make it even more difficult do to limited choices of where to shop.
Thanks Hoggdoc! I agree with your perspective that "name Brand" is not an assurance of quality. Lemons exist, so I am leaning toward a local purchase. I have Trek and Giant dealers here in Pensacola, FL. Still looking...

Back